Green and Black Phantoms and more Parts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
just when I got my collection down to a manageable size I recieved a call about a collection that needed to go. The man was in the process of restoring a few bikes when he passed away suddenly 10 + years ago. The bikes and parts have sat untouched since then. Both had been repainted, several parts have been rechromed. I am undecided whether to assemble or sell them as is. The Green Phantom is serial #L433466, and the Black Phantom is # 4911664. I would like any info such as year, correct, missing parts, etc. Thank You.

THE BLACK PHANTOM
SchwinnPhantoms026_zps48a29db4.jpg

SchwinnPhantoms024_zps35827612.jpg

SchwinnPhantoms013_zps0218afa5.jpg

SchwinnPhantoms012_zpsbc935059.jpg

SchwinnPhantoms010_zps57433ddd.jpg

THE PARTS
SchwinnPhantoms018_zpseafba676.jpg

SchwinnPhantoms017_zps299047a1.jpg

SchwinnPhantoms015_zpsfdca4e21.jpg

SchwinnPhantoms014_zps557c463a.jpg

WOW! :shock: I think I need to come over your house so I can go on a shopping spree!! :mrgreen:

That Phantom's are a beauties!! 8)

Thats a nice batch of stuff It seems like he cared about bikes a lot & theres some interesting stuff there.. :D The Phantoms look complete or very close (Hard to tell for sure with all those tubs of parts.) The work stand is even nice (If you decide to part with the work stand please let me know. ) ...Also What is the yellow Bmx frame .?? Im just curious.

RatSphinx said:
Black would be 08/19 to 08/21 of 1957.
Green frame shows 10/29 of 1964.

It would be tempting to part those babies out. You'd make some bucks.
Check that number on the green one again. Can't be '64 because the last Phantom was made in '59 and that one even has the pre-55 style springer. Gary

I entered the Serial Number on SchwinnCruizers.com serial lookup and it came up with '64. I took it as someone played around with a middleweight frame, making it into a ballooner.I know that the S/N Lists are imperfect as well. Who knows, who cares? Now I remember part of the reasons I got out of the hobby a decade ago.

B607 said:
RatSphinx said:
Black would be 08/19 to 08/21 of 1957.
Green frame shows 10/29 of 1964.

It would be tempting to part those babies out. You'd make some bucks.
Check that number on the green one again. Can't be '64 because the last Phantom was made in '59 and that one even has the pre-55 style springer. Gary

You lucky...

Build 'em, build 'em... they'd look cool as a pair, and a cool story. Or box 'em up and send them to me :wink:

Back