<grumble> people selling 3.0 tubes but shipping 2.125

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Multiple times I have purchased ## x 3.0 tubes from online sellers who specifically listed them tubes as ## x 3.0 , only to receive them and they were just ## x 2.125 tubes. When I call them on it, they tell me 'oh they will work for the 3.0 tires' . They might work for the 3.0 tires, but had I known they were just going to send me 2.125 tubes, I wouldn't have bothered ordered them. What really torques me is that they charge a premium for supposedly 3.0 tubes over the regular 2.125 price. If they are going to offer 2.125 tubes for use in 3.0 applications, they should mention that in their listings.

end of vent. 8)

File a claim with your creditcard company/Paypal for receiving product not as advertised. More then likely you will have received "free" tube + your refund. Its called false advertising and i illegal.

Tim

Last year I bought a pair of 26" tubes from a popular New York based seller that ended up being 2.125.

Just recently I purchased some "20 x 3.0" tubes from a certain SoCal bike manufacturer clearance sale. When I got the tubes, the box states '20 x 3.0', but the tubes inside were Cheng Shin 20 x 2.125. When I inquired, I was told they " are designed to fit 2.125 to 3”. They are a bit thicker allowing them to shape up to the 3” size."

Back