GTHOtrod's Hot finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up this second hand, but still in the box Electra this morning. Cheap.
Was purchased and never used.
Plan to strandie this one
20230328_110425.jpg
20230328_110431.jpg
20230328_110517.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up this weird Huffy at the dump along with a generic bmx.View attachment 202507

I thought the frame shape would make for a good muscle bike build down the track.

Replaced the rear tube, deleted the horrid suspension fork with a rigid off the shelf, plus threw the bars and stem from the bmx onto it
View attachment 202508
Looks better, but the seat post is near vertical, and it is Horrible to ride. Something a banana seat and ape hangars will rectify.
View attachment 202509

I did the same thing to a Prospect 6-speed (practically the same setup as yours). It did help a bit. But I kept the suspension fork (the ‘Ham has a lot of potholes….)

I did the same thing to a Prospect 6-speed (practically the same setup as yours). It did help a bit. But I kept the suspension fork (the ‘Ham has a lot of potholes….)
To clarify, I was referring to the ‘nanner seat

The frame quality looks very impressive. I just read the background on the company and the connection with Tange. If your bike was sold through stores rather than directly to riders by Monza it would likely be twice the price, maybe even more.
The welds are a stand out for sure. Really impressed with the quality. Has the best welds of anything in my stable currently. Makes the pl26 and big ripper look like the apprentice welded them hahaha

Picked up an SE Rip Style this morning.
Similar proportions to the Electra shown behind. Also Has a three speed coaster.
20230511_122232.jpg

Changed out the stem and bars for a more bmx feel. I'll save this one for later, for a tear down, colour c change and freshen up
20230511_134236.jpg
20230511_134248.jpg

Picked up an SE Rip Style this morning.
Similar proportions to the Electra shown behind. Also Has a three speed coaster.
View attachment 231949
Changed out the stem and bars for a more bmx feel. I'll save this one for later, for a tear down, colour c change and freshen upView attachment 231950View attachment 231951
Absolutely sick mate. That’s quite a rare SE. Maybe a one year only model. You sure you want to repaint it? Here’s my Big Style with 29” wheels.
IMG_3527.jpeg
IMG_3519.jpeg

Just noticed the Rip Style has the seat mast behind the bottom bracket like a pedal forward Electra.

Latest posts

Back