Guv'nor Look-A-Like

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi , this is my latest build.

I found this old Pinarello frame the other day and I always wanted a Pashley Gov'nor. As the original Guv'nor is way out of my budget I decided to make a Guv'nor Look-a-like.

so far:
- cleaned the frame
- powdercoated the frame and rims gloss black
- bought a set of SturmeyArcher hubs (3-Speed with drum brake)

already there:
- brown Brooks saddle
- Brooks grips
- silver bars
- silver stem
- creme Continental tires

4811137445_f4130aa39a_b.jpg

4811763182_8b0dcee990_b.jpg

4811763256_fba6f4f84f_b.jpg

I really like the look of this one. The Guv'nor style is really slick. I'm doing something similar with an old Sears bike from the 70's that was probably an Astro-Daimler or Puch frame with Huret components and sold through Sears.

What type of shifter will you use? The old thumb shifter on the bars?

Looks good

Sweet! I'm all about anything Guv'nor related. Wayyy outta my price range too, eventually I'll get around to building one! -Adam

Update: laced the rims - Sturmey Archer 3-Speed-Drumbrake in the back and SA Drumbrake up front. Looks Killer!

Decided to change the black headset for a chrome one because my d.u.m.b.a.s.s. powdercoated the stem black - so there's not too much black in the front part of the bike. Handlebars gonna be chrome (already there).

Now I'm gonna handle the BB - the cups won't skrew in - dunno yet what happened. :(

Crank!Basti said:
yesterdays progress.

Very nice! I definitely like it.

Couple of Questions...

1) What tire and rim combination did you use?

2) what type of crankset is that? It's got a great vintage look.

Thanks!

Tim

hey Tim,

- tires are Continental TourRide 37-622 - 28 x 1 3/8 x 1 5/8 and the rims are somewhat cheap high profile aluminum rims powdercoated black

- the crankset came with the bike when I found it. There is something engraved - but I dont remember - something like "SOLID" - I'm gonna check it when I'm back in the garage.

Crank!Basti said:
hey Tim,

- tires are Continental TourRide 37-622 - 28 x 1 3/8 x 1 5/8 and the rims are somewhat cheap high profile aluminum rims powdercoated black

- the crankset came with the bike when I found it. There is something engraved - but I dont remember - something like "SOLID" - I'm gonna check it when I'm back in the garage.

Thanks! I'm looking for a set of creme colored 700C tires. These look nice and they're available in 700c sizes.

Once again great bike!

- the crankset came with the bike when I found it. There is something engraved - but I dont remember - something like "SOLID" - I'm gonna check it when I'm back in the garage.[/quote]

Solida I bet.

Thanks a bunch! :)

The brake levers a Tekro I think. Got them used on ebay.

I just started pinstriping the lugs in gold - but pinstriping and tooooo much coffee don't get along so well - .... my hands were shaking. Came out okay anyway.

Back