GYROBIKE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now, how many of us did stupid, crazy things when we were young? Admit it, all of us. What weird ideas did we come up with? What dangerous toys did we play with? Where are all of the helmets from our youths, none, we did not have them. How many of use remember metal runner sleds and toboggans of our youth. Now, they are lawn fixtures. Digging forts in the side of hills and river embankments. Tree houses, mini bikes, bb guns, sling shots.
How many of us had a jackknife and brought it to school. My dad and his brothers, during the 40's, would bring his gun to school so that he could go hunting after. Now a child will get expelled for bringing a knife to cut his apple.
When I was working at one of the libraries at an big university. There was many non street smart students.
Ex 1 A student wants me to watch his backpack for him while he goes for dinner. I say "no." The inside area of my space that I have is about 2foot by 3foot. He says "I got a sun burn and I do not want to carry it to the dinning hall." I say "no." Later he comes back to the library with a huge bag of ice. I say what is the ice for?" He says " I am going to use it for my sunburn on my back." I say "no, you can not bring that bag in here." He says " it will not leak." I say "yes it will, condensation. Go to the store an get solarcaine."
Ex 2 When I first started working there, the 5 doors were marked with "NO EXIT" sign except for the one door that lead pass me so they could have there backpacks checked. I saw so many freshman students wander around the library wondering how to get out.
I retired this spring because of all of the students that were giving their IDs to their friends. The friend would enter the library with it and I would take it away from their friend. The student would come back and argue with me for 15 to 20 minutes for their IDs back. A few call the cops on me. for stealing their ID. Every weekend for 6 months, too much.
Now, I just repair bicycles. I wish I could sell a few. Mostly 10 speeds.

No cars....

Back