Had a day off on a beautiful day!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a middle school teacher and we had the day off. Temps were in the low 70's, bright and sunny, little wind...it was awesome. The Girl (aka 11 yr. old daughter that has no choice) and I decided to take a ride to my work for some simple paperwork that couldn't be done at home. Most of the trip was on busy streets but on the way back we were able to hit the bike trail.
Gene04161200.jpg

While we were riding, I realized that I was having trouble with the front hub so i got to tinker around in the "shop" (read that as my backyard patio). Tried different rims, all of them to big but gives me ideas for the summer time 8) .
Finally tucked the bikes into the shed and realized my poor neglected mtn. bike hadn't been ridden in about a year or more...oops! :shock:
Gene04161649.jpg

Drug it out, pumped up the tires and went for a spin. Wow! A few things I noticed right off...1) On Mtn. bikes, you lean really far forward! I didn't really like that, unless of course I'm in "attack" mode. 2) Front brakes rock! I had forgotten how well I could stop and adjust much easier my braking. So much better than coaster brakes.3) Gears...I love them but they need adjustment. That's a bummer and complicated. There's something to say for singlespeeds. :D
Oh...and the shop foreman showed up to check my progress
Gene04161655_2.jpg

He wasn't pleased and commenced to chew me out
Gene04161655_1.jpg

Don't worry, it was a "lick" attack, no bike mechanics were harmed today. :wink:

Back