Ham Jam Vintage Bicycle Ride Chattanooga TN 4/27

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
8608978103_590c78b825_b.jpg

Saturday, April 27, 2013
10:00am until 6:00pm

Type of Bicycles: ANY! Old or new, any type. However, NO MOTORS of any type are allowed on the bike path.

Start time: Registration will happen from 10AM-11AM. Anyone is welcome to start riding once they are registered. Registration is just a formality so we have an idea of how many people attended - but it is required if you want a free event t-shirt. One free t-shirt for each rider. Additional shirts available for $8 each (cash, Paypal, and all major credit cards accepted at the event).

The ride: We will be riding from Chickamauga Dam along the Riverwalk path to downtown Chattanooga. It is approx. 8 miles each way and is a very easy ride with only a couple of hills, only one of which could be considered challenging. Riders will leave the dam between 10AM-12PM and ride the route at their own pace and in groups of their choosing. We will meet between 1PM-3PM at Buffalo Wild Wings (120 Market Street, Chattanooga TN 37402) on the patio and hang out, eat, drink, and be merry. Riders will leave BWW at their leisure and either ride back to the dam or explore downtown before riding back. Even the slowest of paces should have everyone back to the dam by around 6PM.

NOTE: The path can be very crowded on a Saturday afternoon. Please be safe, warn pedestrians when you are passing, and remember: PEDESTRIANS HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY. Helmets and gloves are encouraged, but not required except helmets are required for children under 12 (it's the law in Tennessee). Also, children under 40 lbs or under 40" must be strapped into an approved bicycle seat.

Porkchop BMX will have tools, tubes, and skillz provided free of charge throughout the day to help everyone have an enjoyable, hassle-free ride.

There will also be door prizes and other fun stuff at registration as well as some fun awards (like Farthest Traveled, Oldest Bicycle Ridden, etc.)

We are working on more details about facilities at the dam (for instance, if someone wanted to hang out/picnic/grill out instead of going on the ride). We're also exploring the availability of additional parking. In the meantime, post up if you're going or if you have questions to help us with our planning.

Here's an overall shot of the start area. The dam is at the far right upper corner. For those of you who do not know, the riding path goes right along the river which some of it is nicely obscured by trees in this shot as you go along into downtown.
8534185686_81f26d4cce_b.jpg

HOTEL INFO:
Hampton Inn–1920 Hamill Road, Hixson TN. Phone 423-877-3100. About a mile from the ride.
Country Inn–5105 Highway 153, Hixson TN. Phone 423- 308-2333

PLAYGROUND INFO:
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2012 ... en-playgr/
8534186216_ccb2e793dd_b.jpg

FOOD PLACES:
McDonalds/Subway/Choo Choo BBQ is relatively close to where the parking will be, within 2 miles or less for those who want to grab something instead of bring something.

PETS:
Pets are allowed with leash. No free-for-all animals. This being said, no pets are allowed on the Riverwalk per Chatt's nice signs they have posted. :)

T-SHIRT

The t-shirt design at the top of the page, courtesy of Bob Potter at Shirtgunwedding.com!

Anyone who comes out and RIDES gets one for free. Extras will be available on a first come, first serve basis. If any are left over after the ride, I'll list them on the website.

To be sure everyone gets the size they need, please comment on FB (search Hot Dam Ham Jam Vintage Bicycle Ride) on this status (of the shirt design) with your size if you'll be attending. Thanks!
[if & only if you are not on FB, please either join and post there OR you can post your sizes here. I'll try to forward as best possible, anyone posting here on the sizes.][/quote]

Re: 2nd Annual Ham Jam Vintage Bicycle Ride Chattanooga TN 4/27

Darn it I want too go but I also have a truck show in Wildwood Fl. this is the one time I'm actually thinking of skipping the truck show oh wait I can't my truck is entered in 3 classes dagnabbit

Hey Double Nickle this is great. My wife & I ride there quite often. We are planing on attending & riding our old Columbia Twosome tandem. How did this event come about?

C1B1 said:
Hey Double Nickle this is great. My wife & I ride there quite often. We are planing on attending & riding our old Columbia Twosome tandem. How did this event come about?
Great to hear! This was put on by porkchop Bmx!

C1B1 said:

Send me shirt sizes for you and your wife so I can be sure to save you each one! :)

Which reminds me.... we're going to make April 8th the deadline to let me know shirt sizes (just post them in this thread). I'll have extra shirts made... but posting up your size is the only way to guarantee you'll get one, in your choice of size. Each person that rides gets a free shirt courtesy of PorkchopBMX.com and Shirtgunwedding.com :)

The shirts look really cool. Save a large for me and my wife said let hers go to someone else. Thanks for putting this on. Looking forward to it. :D

Man I wish I could be there with you guys. I'm living in Houston but Chattanooga is home. Born at Erlanger and raised in Soddy Daisy. Have a blast and take a lot of pics.

Well the ride was a little to wet for us but it looks like a lot of people took the trip. We ended up seeing everyone and heading out right before the ride started.

I was going to follow David and Tyler to a local bike shop to check it out...

this happened...

They were kind enough to assist me in recovering my truck. (which didn't have a mark on it)

And we made it to the bike shop...

Tyler wanted to test ride a bike... the owner insisted that he wear a helmet... and provided one...

He rocked it!

Back