Headlight and Tail Light Gallery - Post Pics Here

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's mine... I built out of a few things I had laying around the shop.
Before installing on the bike:
DSC02009_zps739259b5.jpg

On the bike:
DSC02044_zpsc2bb1feb.jpg

DSC02023_zps44cd54bb.jpg

I used a 9-volt battery with a 9-LED set and reflector, and it's surprisingly bright- hard to get a good pic at night :shock:
DSC02032_zps67666fc6.jpg

I put this together for under $4 after someone on Etsy tried charging me $52 for a similar light. I'm pretty stoked with my results.
(Flashlight: $1 @ the dollar store -- Batteries: $1.29 -- Handlebar Bracket: $.27 -- Screws/Nuts: $.48 -- Tin Can: $.33) TOTAL: $3.37

A little Warhol with a dash of Southern California. O'side style.

WOW what a great thread every where I look I see tail or head light designs lol and some of the designs on here are unbelievably good . :D :D I will never look at a tin of beans in same way again :lol: :shock: :lol:

1948 Chrysler tail light on my 1953 Columbia - Firewing RRBBO8

IMG_2404_zps167f3ab8.jpg

ndaway said:
That's beyond cool right there

Thanks man! I really had fun making that taillight work.

While back I got some red and green torpedo tail lights on here that were basicly rotted inside and unusable. SO I whipped out my dremmel and JB weld and a couple of mini LED flashlights. Mounted the lights inside and cut holes with the dremmel to stick in a finger ( gigity) and turn them on ( goo ) Mounted em low on the Torch and look at em now! :D Probably should pant the clamps red and I need to swap the colored caps to be correct. The little LED's are removable for battery replacement.

I used Locojoe's tin can idea. I used an old paint can. I put a knob on the top so I could pull it off without a church key. I had an old tap light that fit into the other end that I cut out. I soldered up a switch. I replaced the light bulb with an LED flashlight replacement bulb from Walmart for about $4. I like the tin can idea.
Got any pics of the finished product? Sounds cool.

Luke.

Here is a headlight & tail light made by "sorcerer" a while back. Old steel beer can & a smaller one that was actually a bic lighter holder. Haven't mounted them on anything yet though.

Bump to make visible to a new member that asked about lights.

Back