Heavyweight build "FATBOB" CHANGES!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Single sided stay/forks 59 Cadillac bike. NEED YOUR THOUGHTS

LukeTheJoker said:
As regarding building a storage area or renting a container, just trying to save money, rather spend it on bikes than on somewhere to put them! :mrgreen: Slightly impractical I admit...

If I am reading this correctly, the vote stands at 9 for the bobber, 4 for the stretch. Thats good, because when I woke up this morning I had already decided to cut it... :mrgreen: Amazing what sleeping on something does for the decision making process...

So bye bye Cadillac theme, hello to Mr "FatBob!"

Luke.
The name fits the bike well, can't wait to see how it looks shortened! :D

Re: Single sided stay/forks heavy build. New name: "FATBOB"

Glad you like the name guys!

Got to work after my last post, had a pretty good run...

I'm calling this picture "OH NO! I broke it!"

DSC00212 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

Ready to go back together.

DSC00213 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

Back together and partially reassembled.

DSC00216 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

Other side.

DSC00217 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

Almost looks like a drag bike from this angle.

DSC00220 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

You may have noticed that the seat is just sitting there, I was going to remount it today, but got a little distracted building something else I have been thinking about for a while...

DSC00218 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

DSC00219 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

I bent the pipe up for these when I was doing the frame pipes on the muscle bike a few days ago, I may have to shorten them a bit yet, but I am happy with how they came out. :mrgreen:

Luke.

freddyfingaz said:
Just saw this. I diggin that bar! Is top bar welded or bolt on? Can't see. :lol:
It is all welded, that means I cant use a "normal" clamp set up, but you can see on the photos the beginnings of my split dual bmx clamp idea...

Would not be that hard to make a bolt together design allowing for a standard stem, just have to get the design idea right so you dont incorporate extra flex... I already have an idea how to do that but it is not needed for this build...

Luke.

I just looked at the photos, did a double take and then said out loud "He did it." :shock:

Looks great! I think this is going to good on so many levels now.

yoothgeye said:
I just looked at the photos, did a double take and then said out loud "He did it." :shock:

Looks great! I think this is going to good on so many levels now.
Thanks Yoothgeye! I am happy with it too! Looks kinda tough now...

Luke.

Darn! I lost my post.
Cool look, cool build! I'll miss the old one because it was so "out there", but this one makes more sense for useabiity. Looking good!
Rich

Very fast work!
Love it and the bars!
I think you need to make a sponge seat cushion and paint the bike yellow, then it can be "Fat Bob Sponge Pants"

Re: Single sided stay/forks lowrider? chopper? muscle?

LukeTheJoker said:
:?: Can someone please tell me what kind of bike I am building here? Is it a Lowrider? Chopper? Muscle bike? Stretch? Or is it just a Freak? :?:

I'd go with FREAKIN' FREAK!
What kind of wheels are you planning on adding on this? I gotta tell you the car wheels look pretty awesome :wink:

that has grown on me - spesh seein those bars!

what about some white walls? (everything in my books is better with white walls :p)

Thanks for all the comments everybody!

It is staying the short version, I just love the look it has now, as regarding wheels and tires, I will be keeping the ones it has, I might cut the centres out of the wheels and make spokes instead now that I may not be running the Cadillac hubcaps, but still undecided on that, it would involve a lot of work at this point... Probably worth it to save weight though...

Whitewalls would look awesome, I might look into getting some portawalls for it...

Luke.

If wanting whitewalls just the paint the current tires with kilz or kryon for plastics. I would go with a mag style wheel. If going with the shorter version, change the seat and bars.

Just an awesome build Luke, now I know why those Mad Max movies came from your way !!! You win @ Bikes :D

ratcycle said:
If wanting whitewalls just the paint the current tires with kilz or kryon for plastics. I would go with a mag style wheel. If going with the shorter version, change the seat and bars.
Still thinking on the whitewalls... Never been a big fan of the painted on ones...

The bike has been cut and welded, it is staying shorter now, I like it!
Same goes for the seat and bars. Sorry Ratcycle...

CCR said:
Just an awesome build Luke, now I know why those Mad Max movies came from your way !!! You win @ Bikes :D
Thanks CCR, :D it is a bit of a mad max build, I can see one of the bad guys trying to chase him down on this, cranking up the nitrous to keep up with that dual belt drive blower...

Luke.

....! see what happens when you don't check in here for a week, you go and cut it up :shock: :lol: :lol:

I was a +1 on the stretch, now I've seen it, I can see why you did so. Good move 8) . Love the bars too, different but good! Carry on! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad you are liking it Scrapedmytoes, still waiting on you to do a new build, looking forward to it... As you said: "I have a headfull of ideas and a shedfull of tools so anything could happen..."
I think I read somewhere that you have skills as a machinist, I been thinking someone should come up with a new springer fork idea, possibly one involving a leaf spring and formula one style lever actuation... :wink:

Luke.

Ok, thought u were going a different route with the bars. But I saw ur custom bars, and I love them. Great build.

Back