Hello all

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a new member I am based in California.

Most of my builds are rather uninteresting as I mainly build bikes for my girls to ride and support a couple of Schwinn Meridian E-Bike conversions I built earlier this year for my parents.

I ride a fixed gear (SBC Core) but I am always scouring the neighborhood with my kids for something to rebuild or do something silly with.

I got back into cycling two years ago after taking a break from it and the results have been great for my physical / mental health although at times all I can think about is bicycles and bicycle parts.

1724293508043.jpeg

These are the trikes; They are using a 1000W front wheel drive kit and each only took an afternoon to build.
They can easily go 27mph. I am currently working out plans to upgrade the brakes

IMG_1351.jpeg

This is my bike and my daughter's bike... Mine typically is towing a trailer so I can get my kids around the city

IMG_1358.jpeg

I don't let rain and cold weather stop me. I try to ride everyday and beat the crap out of everything I have

If you read and looked at all of this, thanks for your time!

Attachments

• IMG_1342.jpeg
    IMG_1342.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I am always scouring the neighborhood with my kids for something to rebuild or do something silly with.

at times all I can think about is bicycles and bicycle parts
These are symptoms of the Rat Disorder, a more specific type of the Bike Disorder. You will fit in fine here, we've all accepted that there is no cure

Welcome!

Let me share with you some of the steps I have developed over the years regarding my bike disorder:

1. Any bikes you get you kinda spread them around, like when you were a kid and you would spread the yucky food around your plate so the grownups didn't notice. (that doesn't always work :()
2. Pretend that you are playing hide and seek (with or without your children), and use the opportunity to scout out more secrete places to hide/store bikes.
3. When your wife/mate catches you working on a strange bike and looks around at all the stuff you have collected, it is good to have your response ready
a. "I'm just working on this old bike to stay in practice for working on our family bikes"
b. "This bike is sort of like my friend's bike (insert random friend's name or make one up so she can't call his wife on the phone), and tell her that you are just practicing.
c. "These parts were almost free and I think they will fit on some of our bikes"

The list could go on and on but this is just a starter list of excuses. Get creative on modifying/building bikes and the excuses will follow naturally......:21::21:

Welcome!

Let me share with you some of the steps I have developed over the years regarding my bike disorder:

1. Any bikes you get you kinda spread them around, like when you were a kid and you would spread the yucky food around your plate so the grownups didn't notice. (that doesn't always work :()
2. Pretend that you are playing hide and seek (with or without your children), and use the opportunity to scout out more secrete places to hide/store bikes.
3. When your wife/mate catches you working on a strange bike and looks around at all the stuff you have collected, it is good to have your response ready
a. "I'm just working on this old bike to stay in practice for working on our family bikes"
b. "This bike is sort of like my friend's bike (insert random friend's name or make one up so she can't call his wife on the phone), and tell her that you are just practicing.
c. "These parts were almost free and I think they will fit on some of our bikes"

The list could go on and on but this is just a starter list of excuses. Get creative on modifying/building bikes and the excuses will follow naturally......:21::21:

This is actually a good idea for a new thread: "Excuses"
It's brilliant!

Latest posts

Back