Hello from beautiful centricali

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, my name is matt 27 yrs old and i've been building bikes since i could peddle. I went from training wheels, to BMX racing to Lowrider stingrays, to classic cars, to classic american bicycles (schwinns). I'm in the navy in Lemoore ca and started up on bikes because i want my kids to ride classics not those awful pieces of pacific cycles chinese junk!

What i ride, is my silver and black hand painted pride and joy.

i'll post it's humble beginnings elsewhere.
check it out, post opinions.
DSC00307.jpg

here's a close-up of the steerer tube

they are hand drawn on masking tape and rattle canned, cleared and polished/ waxed. my first time trying flames.

DSC00309.jpg

Outstanding...NOT bad for a squid...Just kidding I was ARMY [GO ARMY BEAT NAVY]

Permission Granted...... WELCOME ABOARD :wink:

nice job on the flames bro!! i dig the seat . good thinkin with the masking tape. next you'll be doing cars, mailboxes, cell phones, toilet seat, bathroom mirror, shower door ya know the fun things the your ol'lady yells at you for painting. lol :mrgreen:

xddorox said:
Welcome aboard, that is one cool ride you have. Go Air Force 8) The best food and the best toys!

You GOT that right! great chow..not bad living quarters either :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Welcome to the group. Nicely done, its good to hear your getting your kids into cool bikes early, they'll appreciate it later. You must be one of those F-18 types from Lemoore, I was with a 14 squadron at Miramar before it went to the jarheads...Kelly

Hokey smokes! I just googled my old squadren (VF-154) and they are now VFA-154.

yeah i'm an F-18 guy. been here since 00, love it. i'm a career 18 guy so far, but right now i'm instructing my replacements @ namtrau.
thanks for all the comments.

hEY MAN SWEET BIKES WELCOME!

Dude i love ur schwinn! The one with the flameS! May i suggest a older rack?

Ur in the navy, Says ur an f-18 guy, You fly one of them things? If so tell me about it.. Im interested in joining. Thanks.

Thanks, sounds good, i want an older rack , but want to find one with the glass jewels and enough metal to paint and stripe up nice. but for now my 70's rack will do.

DSC00315.jpg

Ur in the navy, Says ur an f-18 guy, You fly one of them things? If so tell me about it.. Im interested in joining. Thanks.

Actually i'm an aviation electronic technician, i work on all the e-systems for the f-18, some on the h60, e-2, ea6b, and the retired f14, and s-3. Naval aviation is unlike any other! carrier landings are pretty cool. imagine landing 35 mil in equipment on a moving landing strip rotating on every possible axis! once you get that down you can handle it all! I've never piloted one but i've been catapulted off while aboard the Ronald Reagan. an experience i'll never forget! i'd say go for it! I'll fix em' you fly em!

Is that a up coming Hot Rod I see in the back ground

you show me yours I'll show you mine!

i'll shoot some pix this weekend, good catch. It's my 53' chevy club coupe 210! just got my mustang2 clip w/ bags, waiting till november to weld it in.

might push the chevy back to dec, so i can make time for the rrbbo.
need to post my entry. i'll see about that sunday night.
sunday morning i'll be @ the turlock fall car corral @ stanislaus fairgrounds. good show bikes usually there @ the swap.

Latest posts

Back