Hello from cool and cloudy Albany (NY that is)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy folks! My name is Tom and I live in Albany, NY with my occasionally supportive family. :shock: Just joking! They love me dearly but don't really understand my love (or anyone else's for that matter) of bicycles. Typically I ride a Specialized Sirrus Comp; a truly sweet ride and far from a rat rod! On more inclement days I will ride a steel frame ATB by Brodie all streeted out but still largely stock and on the rare occasion of fair weather I haul out my Nirve Streetking.

So with all this modern stuff I have wanted to get into older bikes. Then last year it happened: my addiction to Craigslist yielded the biggest oddball bike i had seen (that would be a great name by the way). A Montgomery Ward Hawthorne. The owner told me it is a '46 but catalog descriptions make it sound more like a '48 Special. As you will see it is a springer model with a tank, horn and light.

When I am not talking about bikes I am advocating sustainability, progressive political reform and non-violence. But, I'll leave it at that since this is not that sort of forum and I understand the rules. I also am an avid gardener and spend most of my available free time (this time of year anyway) growing food for my family. Hmmm sounds like bike vs food! This is going to be tough.... but wait, I bought a fixer upper of a home. Well both of those may have to take a backseat to roof repair!!! Well enough about me, I have seedlings to tend. I look forward to chatting with you all as things progress. I should say in advance that I really appreciate how forums like this one bring people together to share ideas. Thanks.

Back