Hello From Cornwall

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys

I`ve been checking out this site for months so have just decided to join up :D

I`ve been working in bike shops for the past 20 years and have slowly found myself
leaning towards vintage/classic bikes (mainly in modified form)

The more carbon and full suspension i see in my day to day job the more i want steel and hub gears.

So this looks like a perfect place for me to spend my time.

I`ve just been given a 1935ish Sunbeam gents bike in very rusty condition which i intend to restore/modify,

Can anyone give me some links/pictures of modified Bitish bikes please?
As i`m really unsure of which way to proceed with this bike :?: (i like the boardtrack style,)

Thanks
Adrian
P.s I will post pictures of the bike in standard form soon

Welcome! :) I didn't know Sunbeam made bikes too, only knew about their motorcycles. I'm looking forward to photos! :D

Hi

This is my Sunbeam affectionaly known as "Old Margaret"
(When i collected the bike my 6 year old daughter shouted "Dad that bike is rusty as Old Margaret"
No idea what it meant but it was funny at the time and the name stuck)

I`m thinking alloy mtb rims with white Fat Frank tyres,(single speed with coaster rear brake)
I really like the fenders and the luggage rack so they will stay,
And some upside cruiser type bars,

Any ideas welcome please as i`m new to this stuff :oops:

bikes001.jpg

bikes002.jpg

bikes004.jpg

bikes003.jpg

alan67 said:
Hi from Penzance!

Have you just posted your Sunbeam on Retrocars?

Where in cornwall are you? I am in the middle of building a 1955 Rudge sport 'Hotrod' to go with my other stuff!!

al. :D

Hi Alan

I live in Falmouth but work in a cycle shop in Truro :D

Yes thats my Sunbeam on Retro Cars was really dissapointed with the "Restore it" replies on there,

Any piccies of your Rudge mate??

Cheers
Adrian

Hi Adrian,

get your self on http://www.Retrobike.co.uk you will get a better response,although most people will go for the restore not modify route.

I will get some pics of the Rudge up when it looks more like a bike and less like a box of bits!!

Do you know some of the boys from the cycle centre, PZ? I spend half my life in there drinking coffee, eating cake and talking bollox!

All the best,al :D

Latest posts

Back