Hello from Hallewood/Germany

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to say hello... a friend told me that this board will be quite o.k. for me... and so i read some threads... and i was pleased with what i was reading.. so i registered to this board...

and so here i am... i am a 30 year old architect and graphic designer from Halle in germany... and i was convinced riding a cruiser a year ago :lol:

...and now with some help i started building and customizing my own bikes...

...some of my Works... (not every thing is a cruiser... some are more or less sport/ballon bikes...)

...my first own "built" based on a 195x "Simson Suhl" steel frame ...
img0295rz.jpg

...my first "cruiser" ever ... a 2009 Hawk Classic Supreme... with some additional parts and addons...
img0164tn.jpg

...my first city daily racer based on a steel frame from a 1979 Peugeot UO10... with a SRAM T3 gearbox...
peugeot4.jpg

...and my recent project... based on a 2005 electra ghostrider... at the moment its my favourite bike...

...thats 10 minutes after i bought it... new Tires and shortened fenders..
neuk.jpg

...two weeks later i changed the colour to matte black...
35249677.jpg

...the last status before the stretching and welding...
img0396b.jpg

img0395xn.jpg

...and thats the momentary status..its stretched and has a new "motorcycle" fork... i hope i get it running till 6th of february for the famous german "Eisbein cruise"
the concept will be something like an old hearse...maybe with some steam punk elements...
17135572.jpg

Graylock said:
the forks look like something from an old 60's Honda :wink: , it's looking good.

Graylock

its not a honda but some german 98ccm "Zündapp Combinette" had a one inch "steerer" so it was fitting from the start...but we welded a new Springer "steerer" in so we could get it lower and meaner... the springs are near the axles...today i need to drill some M10 Holes on both sides so i can strenghten the construction, because i don't trust the "springer" steeltubes so much...

Tibor said:
... the springs are near the axles...today i need to drill some M10 Holes on both sides so i can strenghten the construction, because i don't trust the "springer" steeltubes so much...
Yeah pretty close to what the Hondas had in the spring department. There was a few Zunndapp's at the motocross tracks back in the early 70's, can't miss them with the starburst heads and all, but they where not sporting those type of forks. They look real cool. Are you going to add anything else this build that has that ....style like the fork? You need to start a build thread on this build for sure.
Later
Graylock

Back