Hello from Mexico City

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!, i was looking for vintage bikes pictures and found this forum

Ok, so im not good with fixing, building, pimping, whatever bikes!...

But i always wanted an old bike, the oldest the better, i have had bikes my whole life but typicall bikes, and cheap ones, is hard in the city to ride bikes. Though my brother and his bike are one lol, hes got an alubike.

Anyways, i think i just found the bike ive always wanted, unfortunately they are the latest fashion thing ever, so its a little bit expensive, i mean for a used bike.

I forgot the brand i dont have it yet, the guy who is selling the bike, will clean it and give it "service" (take off the rust, dirt etc, tight the breaks, sit blah blah and try to make it shinny) Ill be paying around 130 dlls.
I asked him not to paint it, cos i think it looks really cool in its original color.

Im 22, and i would love to start going green lol, and traffic is horrible!, so now ill be biking, at least to get to school and tae kwon do.

The only problem i have is that, the bikes size is 24, and i need 26...so i think i look weird on it, but i love that its from the 60's, it still has the 'wheel net"on one side. its amazing.......

so yeh thats me lol!!!!

Bienvenidos. Mucho gusto conocerle. Yo he visitado Ciudad de Mexico una vez y me encanta mucho.

hahahaha!! thanks everyone!!!
im chilanga, not chinlango :wink:

i tried to upload a picture on the gallery posts but they didnt display, besides I wrote like a loooooong story lol, like a letter :roll:

I found today another bike and I bought it. I dont think Ill buy the one I said, cos the handle was too short, although i loved it, it was to short for me.
I found today a pink benotto, size 26, and bought it.

Here it is

IMGP1705.jpg

Here is the 24.

BICI-CLASICA3.jpg

***after editing like a 1000 times i learned how to post pics :oops: duh...
so back to gallery section! lol**

i wantto keep the original color, in the same hand i want to paint it, that pink looks to 80s although i dont know the year of this bike, looks like 80s dontcha think?

id like to paint it in autum green and autum brown lol if that maked any sense, or black and white.

Im not sure yet, i just bought it. I need to fix the breaks, which i have no idea how to, since they are old school brakes, ill take off that basket and get a prettier black one, ill put on a back rack, new saddle, i would love a dinamo (?) light front and rear.

so far thats what ive thought, although i need a cool unique color and white tires and if possible a "150 star wheels" do that make any sense? i dont know how to call the stars things, i mean the lines across the wheel (mudguards??) that goes grom the centre to the mudguard.

so far thats all i want.
any suggestions? thanks

You mean spokes?
I'd keep the original paint on the first one if you like it the way it is, and paint the pink one! :D

I wonder if ill be able to paint a bike lol, after reading a lot this forum ive realized I MUST DO IT MYSELF!
ive never painted a bike before, i just paint landscapes and scenes lol :lol:

I ll read all the posts at the how to place, i would love to do the paintings myself..

One more thing, ok, i love these old bikes because they are old, although people wouldnt pay a penny for them, I LOVE THEM and I would pay as much as posible hemhem :shock:

So if i paint them, and change them, like the benotto one it has just stickers and a serial number, but it doesnt have a metal plaque or anything on it, so to me the stamps gives a :value" you know? a place lol cos it makes it look old.

am i crazy? or just ignorant?

I would love it re painted and cool looking, but with the vintage original touch, ya know?
any ideas lol?

I think I know what you mean. :) If you want to keep it old looking, you can just customize it with nice looking accessories. Find a nice old seat that looks good with the rest of the bike, some nice grips maybe. Once you start you'll get more ideas on what you'd like to do, just go with it! :D
And don't be afraid to try and paint it if you feel like to. If you can paint landscapes you can surely paint a bike! :wink:

The stickers should come off real easy...Just use an electric hair drier to warm them up and they should peel right off! Then do a "tole" paint job...You know what I mean? Paint a landscape on the bike...Start at one end and have the scene flow to the other. Maybe some theme: something from your past, or whatever is inspiring you at the time! You can do IT! P.s. You don't "HAVE" to do it yourself!...But it does make it cooler! 8)

hi
if the tole paint job is the landscape thing, ....now we are talking! lol i liked the idea.

I also liked the idea of just adding some accesories, and clean it of course and make it look shinny lol( i havent)

I would love to have a bike customized BY ME and only ME!

i ll google some cool ideas, mix them in my head and see what comes out, so far ive been thinking on changing the color, and paint it more "classy"and vintage, since i suppouse it is 80s, i would like to make it look 50s maybe, and more shinny. I would also like to keep the original color and just pimp it up a little. and the landscape thing, i avent got a mental picture yet but i think i would look amazing..

thanks a lot for the advice
u guys r so cool

You go GUrl!! The art is in you! Just let it out! You CAN do it!! So let's see it....

Latest posts

Back