Help ID this motobike frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you may be right. Any idea on year? 30 34?
Thanks for the pics.
Johnny

I think the volcano joints at the BB are a sign of an HP Snyder build. I think the other frame is Snyder-built as well. Could have been one of the Rollfast badge varieties (Samsco, Peerless, Princeton, Yale, etc).

From what i've been told, Snyder was the main contractor of frames for D.P.Harris

Nightrider said:
From what i've been told, Snyder was the main contractor of frames for D.P.Harris

Indeed! I don't know for sure but I believe they supplied all the frames for DP Harris, which was a hardware store chain, bicycle outfitter and supplier. I do not believe Harris ever built their own frames, but bicycles that passed through their system are referred to as DP Harris bikes. They did have their own parts to distinguish their bicycles, like the H chainring.

Had no idea they were a hardware chain. Have you seen this one:

Its a late teens, early 20's D.P. Harris Gold Medal with 26" all wood wheels.Seat not og.

Mine was badged Sam-Sco, another hardware store. this is my third with that badge. I just cut off the welded on pedals, cranks are bent, bit of chainstay chafing and a small crack in the seat stay. Still undecided on what to do with it...

The right chainstay on mine has a crack. I think it can easily be fixed though. Still deciding what to do with mine too. Wish I had more than the frame.
Yeah the Gold Medal is mine. Kind of a strange bike. Not a full size adult bike, but not the juvinale either. Has a ND model A, 32 spoke rear hub on a 26" wood rim. From what i've read, the juvi hubs were 28 hole hubs. Here's the badge:

Jpromo said:
Nightrider said:

Indeed! I don't know for sure but I believe they supplied all the frames for DP Harris, which was a hardware store chain, bicycle outfitter and supplier. I do not believe Harris ever built their own frames, but bicycles that passed through their system are referred to as DP Harris bikes. They did have their own parts to distinguish their bicycles, like the H chainring.

From what I've read, Harris made "Rollfast" ball bearings, and started making skates, and worked their way into bikes via Snyder. But, Snyder didn't build exclusively for DPH, note the many Hawthornes, and some of the other badges. -Adam

Back