Here are the Huffy Gremlin Pictures:

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the pictures of the huffy gremlin bike. It isn't pretty but at least it's mine.

I paid $120 for the bike and drove 2 hours one way and then two hours back just to get it. I made a special trip just to go get the bike. I think it was worth it. It cost me $45 just in gas.

IMG_5904_zpsf7e88ff2.jpg

IMG_5905_zps7447e520.jpg

IMG_5906_zpsbe35278e.jpg

gremlin bike

Thanks. I thought everone would hate it because it was so rough. It was real bad when I got it.

The fork tube was badly hammered out on the bottom and the top from someone riding it with a loose fork headset for years. The rear fender tab was bent back on itself 180 degrees and angled down to the right. I didn't know if the frame was fixable. Event the area where the chrome plastic caps go into the frame ends at the fork tube was all bent, crused and distorted.

I have since fixed all these problems with the frame and everything is all set with the frame.

Re: 1970 Huffy Gremlin

Cool, Unique, Different. Did not know Huffy made something called a Gremlin, now I do!
Nice Bike, kinda like the color it looks truly 70's

gremlin

Yeah I know. Because the bike's frame is so short... this bike should be alot of fun to ride and steer and manuver around if i get it going in time for summer.

gremlin

I hope I can find the parts I need so I can build it. the hardest part to find is going to be the chainguard. It is the same one the huffy rails used. The chrome one with the slots in it that has a tail.

It's a cool bike. The seat appears to be in good shape. I wouldn't change the color too much so the seat still works with everything (my $.02). You could hang some toys from it and your cat could enjoy it while you're waiting on parts :wink:

gremlin

I could always make a custom graphic for the chainguard. The bike is light candy booger green in color. The fork would have been that color too but someone spraypainted the fork silver. It was that way when I bought it.

I could have a graphic made of a kid pick'n his nose and pulling out a big green booger and call the bike the huffy booger. ;)

huffyrailsarefun said:
I was thinking that whenever I found the correct flaming stack chainguard I could have a graphics shop make me the decal for the chainguard.

I think I'll have the name HUFFY BOOGER put on the chainguard with a picture of a kid pick'n his nose with a big green slimmy booger coming out of the kids nose.

Custom graphics are always cool.

gremlin

Yeah it's a idea alright. I don't know if I'll actually do it or not. I have to find a chainguard first anyway. Otherwise I can't do any idea.

gremlin update pics

Here are new pics of the gremlin bike. The bike now has the correct fender thanks to forum member jaxon. He was kind enough to send the rear fender to me for free and also verified that this rear fender is the correct fender for the huffy gremlin. That was super nice of him.

I also found the correct sissybar attachment pieces. They have 2 prongs on each one. The way they attach makes the sissybar rake back at an angle.

Here are the pics:
IMG_6096_zpsd869b5d5.jpg

IMG_6097_zps0da7e54d.jpg

IMG_5991_zps6d3f0d3c.jpg

IMG_5990_zps10d6c564.jpg

I'm really, really getting into this bike. At first I bought it because of the fork and front fender and front wheel. The rest of the bike I viewed as most likely junk and unfixable due to the rear fender tab being bent back so severly I figured it would break off if I tried to fix it and the fork tube was so badly hammered out from someone riding the bike for a long time with a real loose fork headset.

It took 11 straight hours of work with no break, but the frame came back completely and has no issues or problems at all. I didn't even mar up the frame or leave hammer or tool marks on it anyplace. Talk about great luck.

I am beginning to realize how uncommon this bike is and I have deceided to keep it, ride it, and enjoy it and fix it.

I may one day change the color to a bright candy blue but that is a long ways away and for now the bike stays stock.

Latest posts

Back