hey my name is ..... im new to the forum....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey everyone, my name is Bo well thats what everyone calls me at least. my real name is Brett but i prefer Bo, anyways im new to the forum. i have built 2 racecars, some modified daily drivers in the car scene. i have built 2 cafe racer motorcycles from the ground up basically from scratch..... starting with a frame only. i have modified old school goped gas powered standup scooters, iv modified 50cc and 150cc mopeds, but i kinda realized the other day when i was given a bicyclefrom a friend of mine.... i have never modified your regular bicycle. i have 2 brands of bikes i prefer and like because they were the only 2 brands i remember having and actually enjoying when i was a kid, witch are Mongoose, and Specialized. and i really have 2 projects i really want to do after researching different bike styles. one thing i want to do is take a hardtail mountain bike with front shocks and convert to single speed, put some street/road tires on the bike and some bmx handle bars and call it a "street jumper" or "Curb Hopper" instead of a dirt jumper. and i want to do the same exact thing with a full suspension bike for my wife because she likes a more softer comfortable ride but she really hates the gears and she really hates when the chain slips lol. but yeah i have no idea how to do either of those so thats why i need your help guys thank you!

Welcome to the forum! It's a really cool place to hang out. Sounds like you're going to be doing 26" BMX conversions on those bikes. There are kits out there that will allow you to convert to single speed using your existing wheels. You can use BMX stems to adapt the BMX bars to your forks. You might need longer brake cables but that should be about it I think. Have fun!

Welcome

SS conversion on a full suspension requires a bit more doing since you have to deal with variable chain slack on many configurations

If the BB is beyond the pivot or before changes this drastically

Let’s see those cars and bikes too!!

hardtail mountain bike with front shocks and convert to single speed, put some street/road tires on the bike and some bmx handle bars and call it a "street jumper" or "Curb Hopper"
Those names sound vaguely familiar... I suspect someone has been looking at old Specializeds. Do it!

Back