hey new here from texas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello everyone i'm new here from San Antonio,TX. i just got my first Schwinn stingray(well since i was a kid at least)and now I'm fixin it up. I found my bike on craigslist a lady was using it a decoration in her garden!!!???? i picked it up for cheap. When i first got it there was a lot of rust everywhere and it was missing the front fork spring assembly. So i sanded all the rust off and bought the parts i needed to get it ready. I got new fenders,chain,chain guard,tires and the spring assembly. Now i'm not sure if i want to paint the chrome a flat black and redo the green on it. Well here's some before and after pics of the green machine. If you have any suggestions or advise you would like to pass along feel free to let me know. thanks

here's a pic just after i took the rust off
Photo-0085.jpg

here are two pics after i got the new parts
JustJack055.jpg

JustJack056.jpg

Man I always dig a good CL score! Nice! Welcome aboard too! There's tons of great info on this site, with a bunch of cool folx backing it! I hope to hook up w/ya soon to do some cruizin'!

Be cool! -bigjohn

Welcome! :)
I might sound like the worst bore when I say this, but I kind of like the way that bike looks as it is now with the new parts. But that doesn't matter, your bike your call! :D Have fun!

Galtbacken said:
Welcome! :)
I might sound like the worst bore when I say this, but I kind of like the way that bike looks as it is now with the new parts. But that doesn't matter, your bike your call! :D Have fun!
yeah it does look good with the new parts added but if i left it like that then i would have nothin else to do :) who knows i may leave it as is i'm still up in the air bout it right now.

Whats goin on man welcome to the forum. I am here to recruit you for the san antonio rats! Check out our events thread for more info on our cruises and meets. We have quite a few members from S. A here on this site, good to have more.

benz said:
Whats goin on man welcome to the forum. I am here to recruit you for the san antonio rats! Check out our events thread for more info on our cruises and meets. We have quite a few members from S. A here on this site, good to have more.
awesome thanks. I've been hoping to find people to ride with. I'll look for your threads and hopefully I'll be able to go on your next cruise.

hey manny great to see ya found this site, lots of great bikes, and like benz and and a few others on here form San antonio said just keep track of the events page for more info on our rides, anyhow hows the bike coming along? Picked up another Scwhinn(26 INCH) from this guy on the south side that has a treasuer chest of old bikes, matter of fact mine was an old rental bike from back in the 50-60 era for brackenridge park riding anyhow see ya soon.

lowmojo said:
hey manny great to see ya found this site, lots of great bikes, and like benz and and a few others on here form San antonio said just keep track of the events page for more info on our rides, anyhow hows the bike coming along? Picked up another Scwhinn(26 INCH) from this guy on the south side that has a treasuer chest of old bikes, matter of fact mine was an old rental bike from back in the 50-60 era for brackenridge park riding anyhow see ya soon.
i got my new tubes so i'm able to ride now. i still want to paint it and do some other things to it but that will come in time. I almost got an old ranger from this guy he was almost gonna give to me but at the last minute he decided to keep it. What other bikes does that guy have? are they priced good? i want to get another bike to work on also. let me know if you can thanks.

Back