Hi from Alabama

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,
My name is Jonathan. Recently I've picked up a few older bikes and cant wait to get my wife cruising with me. There is a good chance I'm going to be asking questions as a newby, but hey what can ya do. I was a bmx guy for a while but since all the skate parks have closed and I've gotten older havn't even touched that bike in a good bit. Now just looking forward to cruising in style.
My 2 bikes are a 1957 Schwinn I got for my wife (waiting to give it to her till our anniversary not to mention she's due with our second little girl in 2 weeks so giving it to her now would be useless lol), and a Western Flyer that I have no idea what year it is. Both bikes ride but need some mechanical after all the years of bmx not afraid of that though. Some really cool bikes on this site, cant wait to finish up my bus then move on to working on some more bikes!

IMAG0059951305305772698.jpg

IMAG0062.jpg

FxCam_1305994930522.jpg

The Schwinn I got from the original owner, lady said she got it when she was a little girl. The Western Flyer was given to me by a buddy, I have no idea what year it is. Really want to find some fenders for it a correct headset and a head light. I'm going to clean out the tank find a suitable rechargeable batter and weld a mount in there for it. Both bikes ride super nicely except the Western flyer makes some nice clunking noises... I've got to do some stuff to it.

Yep thats my current project. I'm a VW guy that has just recently gotten into bikes. Got to admit after seeing some of these bikes when the bus is done I might need to get some junkers and brake out the welder.
Its a rusty one so might be a few years before its on the road. But making or fixing something is half the journey, the other half is driving it. I'll be the same with these bikes when they are up and going they will be driven alot.
bus014.jpg

There's almost as many VW nuts here as there are bike nuts!

Welcome aboard, you're in good hands. I'm down to one VW, a 1970 Bus, but up to about 60 bikes.

Enjoy Rat Rod Bikes, it's a lot of fun reading what everyone is coming up with on their builds and restorations.

--Rob

Man I wish I had the room for 60 bikes lol, right now I'm in a 1950's house with one garage just barely large enough for my bus work.. Although its enough for now going to need more room for sure. I really want to make a bike from scratch after seeing some of the designs that have popped up on this site. Been lurking in other people thread cant wait to share my contributions as well.
Jonathan

Latest posts

Back