Hi from Central CT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm Dave from Connecticut. I mostly ride mountain bikes and road bikes. I'm having fun with a 1970? CCM Mustang I recently bought.
ccmMustang-1.jpg

Great forum with lots a great info. I love seeing what others are doing with their bikes

Dave

Welcome from East Haven!! Where are you?

There's a bunch of us in CT and we get together with a bunch of other guys from all over New England.

Photos of bikes please!!

Welcome from Western MA!

Welcome from West Haven, You need to ride with us.
Put the long underwear on for the Hartford pub cruze,( I marked the 19th on my calander.Sat)
You need to visit the NE Muscle Bike Museum in Bloomfield to check that nice CCM

I'm in Bristol and I would like to hook up with a group ride. Cold weather doesn't scare me! :D
I visited the NE Muscle Bike Museum a few months ago. I highly recommend it to everyone. Jim's a good guy.
My interest in the CCM is from being a big hockey fan, and also my parents are from Canada. I remember riding a CCM bike back when I was a kid visiting cousins up in Canada. I can't find much info on this bike online. I did find few pictures and it looks like everything is original, except the seat and sissy bar. The original sissy bar is square, I like it better and would love to find one.

Here are a few of my other bikes:

1999 Kona Hahanna - Motorized
motorbike-1.jpg

2002 Kona Bear
bear-1.jpg

2007 Giant OCR
giant-1.jpg

^^ sweet Giant.

just realized you live where JoeyMac (an RRB board member) works... at ESPN.

Hi Dave-

A little belated welcome I guess. I don't check the intros every single day....

Welcome from New London! We do all kinds of fun stuff down here with bikes and will be glad to meet up with you at some of our events this coming year.

Glad to see yet another CT guy on here. If you feel like coming down for a ride, a bike build, or a beer, you are always welcome.

You can check out what we're up to (which is nothin' till March or April...) at our website here:

http://www.bareiss.net/bikeride.html

I mainly restore Schwinns, with Stingrays of all types being my favorites. Also have a few of my bikes listed for sale here: http://www.bareiss.net/bikesale.html

But as a lot of the other guys here know, I have piles and piles of parts and pieces and frames and so on for sale, and a lot of times I just give away stuff to people who come over to hang out and talk bikes.

I am also involved in Bike New London which is an advocacy group- we work with the town to improve facilities for cycling (signs, routes, racks, etc) and we are starting a Bike Share program in town in 2010.... we always can use donations or help for our build days as well as bikes. Now you know what to do with old cheap mountain bikes!

Our different groups will be riding some of the area bike trails as well as street routes in the New London area. You can email me to check out what's going on at [email protected] or call (860) 912 6882.

0905090eagle.jpg

--Rob

Rob, thanks for the information. I don't know if you remember me, but I talked to you about a couple of month ago about your end of the year ride/swap that was canceled due to weather. You recommended this site, so here I am.

I am looking for parts to do my first build. I'll send you PM of what I need.

JoeyMac said:
...I'm the crazy guy who rides all year round.

Hi, I thought I was the crazy guy who rides year round. :D Although, not crazy enough to be out there today!!!
What do you ride? I'll be on the look out for you.

dleves14 said:
JoeyMac said:
...I'm the crazy guy who rides all year round.

Hi, I thought I was the crazy guy who rides year round. :D Although, not crazy enough to be out there today!!!
What do you ride? I'll be on the look out for you.

well, this time of year just a boring old mountain bike. But for at least 6-7 months out of the year I am on a custom vintage cruiser of some kind. Usually going up and down Emmit st.

Latest posts

Back