Hiawatha

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sunny Florida Starting October 1, 2016!!!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I picked this bike up a few days ago and am very excited to see what is under all that paint. I scraped a little bit off the side of the tank to reveal red and black. It has a Hiawatha head badge. The tank does not have provision for a horn and it came with the Bendix 2 speed manual rear end. Looking at the peaked fenders and trusses front & rear I'm guessing CWC built - anybody know? This will be a fun one.

189A-1.jpg

You ought to try oven cleaner on it first. I have had good luck taking bikes back down to original paint with it. Just buy some easyof oven cleaner and spray it on ...wait a while and wash it off. Don't get it on you ,it really caustic and will burn.

Ooops or Goof Off cleaner, (or anything else that's a blend of xylene & tolune) will usually do the trick, depending on what shape the og surface is. Also works great for getting paint off of chrome. Never hurts to try & rescue the og paint if you're patient enough.

Hi Robert :!:
nice find lots of intresting parts you have so much luck finding the best bikes out there :)

Back