Hiawathia Help?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah but mine is never gonna look that good in a million years! I dont know the first thing about painting, re building etc. Im overwhelmed! That bike is a beautiful thing though, good work!

crowxjane said:
Yeah but mine is never gonna look that good in a million years! I dont know the first thing about painting, re building etc. Im overwhelmed! That bike is a beautiful thing though, good work!
Thanks man, It's not hard, basicly just disassembly spray paint, and re-assembly.

Nice find! It looks original besides that front tire. Hiawatha was the brand name used by Gamble's dept store. The bikes were made by several different companies over the years. This one is made by Murray. The chainring, 'fin' chainguard, and pointy rearf dropouts are all hallmarks of their bikes from this era. I'm not sure how far these numbers have been decoded, but 'WG' is the Murray code for Gamble's, and the 3 may mean 1963. It's definitely an early-mid 60s otherwise, and basically the same as the bikes Murray built for Sears and Western Auto. -Adam

Back