Hollywood Undead is Alive!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My daughter's '69 Schwinn Hollywood is ready for a face lift. The frame and fork originally came to me from a farmer's scrap pile. I built it up for my older daughter and she rode it for a couple years in rat form.
2010-10-16135429.jpg

She recently upgraded to a '70 Collegiate and the Hollywood was passed down to my youngest daughter. Since I was without an active project I decided it was time to bring this bike back to a more lady-like bike since my youngest has a different style.

I tore the bike down and through a little horse trading with local member "pick" the bike has been media blasted and the smaller parts powder coated in flat black. The frame, forks and bars will be getting a duplicolor treatment consisting of

Sparkle Silver Metal Specks
ms200_042210.jpg

and topped with
Metalcast Purple Anodized paint
mc204_030210.jpg

The parts to be painted were shot with primer today, hopefully the weather will let me start laying the color down this week. :D

Re: Hollywood Undead

thats gonna be sweet! be prepared for a few clear coats.... I had to kinda fog that metal-speks on to get it to sparkle up, and then clear the peel outa it. :roll:

The ano purple is what I had used on the apes and sissy bar before. It looks really good on chrome (apes) but not so much on chrome paint (sissy bar). Hopefully it turns out how I am picturing over the silver specks. I will find out after work tonight when I paint a test piece.

what in the world happened to your feet? did you get wicked awesome frostbite in the scouts? :lol: i like the bike. little girl's gonna be cruizin in style. :wink:

X-RAY said:
what in the world happened to your feet? did you get wicked awesome frostbite in the scouts? :lol:

Those are my Vibram Five Finger shoes.
180342_1720604309341_1665316682_1630080_5915498_n.jpg

Got the bike reassembled with only one minor mishap due to my impatiens . :oops: :oops: :oops:
IMG_0239.jpg

Here is the rest of the bike
IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

I will post some pics later when she gets home from school.

That came out great :wink: I'm a boy and I would ride that :mrgreen:

Crank!Basti said:
sweet ride! All I'd suggest is painting the basket and it's holder black and get a purple chain. That will set it off!

Those mods are on the list. I will also be getting a set of replacement decals (chainguard, fork darts, top tube, and Schwinn Quality for the seat tube) when I find some for the right price.

That is awesome dude! I may have to try some of that stuff out. Can't wait to see it all put together! 8) 8) 8)

Back