Hot Rod Columbia (almost done)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Rod Columbia

I have a seatpost just like that :shock: This is gonna be too cool 8) 8)

found a schiwnn bike at a yard sale and i had to have it, got about half way home on my GT Mach one 'bmx bike' with my newly found project schwinn before i noticed the cut through the seattube :x its a 'Typhoon' i believe and it had the same cut through seattube issue..i heard its for warranty purpose.. 'destroying' the frame making it unoperable :/
anyway what shop i need to go to get it fixed? and how much is a fair price for a repair?
'Luckily i only paid $30 for it :? The Typhoon tires are in real nice shape and have little ware on them just real small minor cracks where they sat :/

iven said:
found a schiwnn bike at a yard sale and i had to have it, got about half way home on my GT Mach one 'bmx bike' with my newly found project schwinn before i noticed the cut through the seattube :x its a 'Typhoon' i believe and it had the same cut through seattube issue..i heard its for warranty purpose.. 'destroying' the frame making it unoperable :/
anyway what shop i need to go to get it fixed? and how much is a fair price for a repair?
'Luckily i only paid $30 for it :? The Typhoon tires are in real nice shape and have little ware on them just real small minor cracks where they sat :/
I fixed mine myself. If you have a buddy with a welder I'd have him do it. If not find a weld shop and have them do it . I cut a seat post and put inside for strength, i would have them do the same. It depends on how much you like the bike I wouldn't pay over $20.

octapusonfire said:
That's a nice truck!
whats powerin' the old girl?
the same thing powering his bike!!! lol.

Got off work early today , had time to do alittle work on the bike.
2012-05-21163830.jpg

Straightened the fork
2012-05-21165617.jpg

2012-05-21170753.jpg

Checked how the tires would fit.these aren't the wheels i'll use I'll lace up some yellow wheels to match the truck.
2012-05-21172322.jpg

Hmmm/ What to do with this?
2012-05-21170915.jpg

65rat said:
2012-05-21170915.jpg

How about give it to me???? 8)

Re: Hot Rod Columbia (Update 5-21)

Looking good! Dibs! Peace

I have been meaning on getting up to see Kevin and pick me up another pair of those big ol' tires. I miss the ones I had before. Bike is looking good.

65rat said:
2012-05-21170915.jpg

Killer fender ornament or a tank plate?

udallcustombikes said:
I have been meaning on getting up to see Kevin and pick me up another pair of those big ol' tires. I miss the ones I had before. Bike is looking good.

65rat said:
2012-05-21170915.jpg

Killer fender ornament or a tank plate?

Almost looks like a chain guard. Very cool.

The Freaky Bunnies are getting hungry for an update!!!!!!

bunnyteeth.jpg

Well nothing really going on with it right now . Been working to much. I did drop the wheel hoops off for powder coat with the wheels off my truck. I would paint them but I only want to lace them once , because the paint fades too much. Thats why I took my truck wheels in too.I will probably paint the frame the week of the 4th because we are supposed to be off that week. I plan to take my truck and bike to the KKOA show is Salina at the end of July 8)

It's the week of the 4th. Any progress?

Don't let Peatbog see your wheels. He might want them.
Nice work.

Glad the FD was there to help.

Re: Hot Rod Columbia (Update 7-7)

Some more work done . I think I'll get it finished this year. Summer is just a bad time for stuff like this but it's coming along. Here's a pic of all the stuff when I got it back from powder coat.
2012-06-30103618.jpg

Stripping the frame for paint
2012-07-07224315.jpg

Painting the tank
2012-07-08191746.jpg

Couldn't wait I had to see what it looked like
2012-07-08221743.jpg

Re: Hot Rod Columbia (Update 7-7)

It looks pretty darn sharp from here!!!!
Nice combo!!!

Back