Houston Area Cruiser Bikes-Sunday Morning Cruise

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone in the Houston area with Cruiser bikes (old or new), come out to the Hickory Hollow (101 Heights Blvd) and ride this Sunday and every Sunday morning with around a dozen or more like minded enthusiasts. Ride goes all over the Heights area.
We usually take off around 9:00am (best to get there by 8:45am) and usually wraps up around 12:00 (or so).
This is not a 'club' with rules and all, it's just a bunch of neat people that are into old style cruiser bikes (restored, customs, jalopies, beaters, even new 'retro' bikes) and enjoy building and riding them.
A lot of neat stuff, some bikes go back to the '40s and '50s.
No attitudes just fun!

drabe said:
Anyone in the Houston area with Cruiser bikes (old or new), come out to the Hickory Hollow (101 Heights Blvd) and ride this Sunday and every Sunday morning with around a dozen or more like minded enthusiasts. Ride goes all over the Heights area.
We usually take off around 9:00am (best to get there by 8:45am) and usually wraps up around 12:00 (or so).
This is not a 'club' with rules and all, it's just a bunch of neat people that are into old style cruiser bikes (restored, customs, jalopies, beaters, even new 'retro' bikes) and enjoy building and riding them.
A lot of neat stuff, some bikes go back to the '40s and '50s.
No attitudes just fun!

Cool sounds like a plan. So it goes on every sunday?

i know these people from the local swap meets,and they are very cool laid back texas folks! :D no bike snobs here.just wish i could make myself get up that early! :roll:

Yep, every Sunday and I know what you mean about the 'getting up early' part!
I knew about this for months before I went for the first time, mainly 'cause I was too lazy to get out of bed.
Now me and the wife are hooked and go every Sunday, our 18 yr old son went with us this Sunday and loved it. It's been the highlight of our week for a while now.
It's also a great way to network for parts for your project or complete bikes. Everybody is so willing to help a guy out.
Get out of bed and get down there, you'll love it!

Bumping this back to the top.
The weekend ought to be excellent riding weather!

Here's some of the bikes that show up (it's a different lineup every week).

DSC05904.jpg

DSC05954.jpg

DSC05957.jpg

DSC05962.jpg

Hope to see ya'll out there!

Absolutely!
We try to take off around 9:00, so it's best to get the before then. Should be great weather!

Great ride today!!!!!!!!! Great bunch to hang with. can't wait to get some more bike riders to join us...

Hey Todd, it was great getting to know you on the ride, glad you came out!
We've been spreading the word for some time, I know the hardest thing is getting out of bed on Sunday but since we've (the wife and I) been going it's one of the highlights of the week!

Bumping this up again, ought to be another great weekend for riding!
I'll try to remember the camera this time!

Hey guys and gals

I am new here, but I wanted to see if the Sunday bike rides were still happening in the Heights. Also I saw a big group riding last sunday over by West Alabama Icehouse. Just curious if this is the same group?

srreynolds2003 said:
Hey guys and gals

I am new here, but I wanted to see if the Sunday bike rides were still happening in the Heights. Also I saw a big group riding last sunday over by West Alabama Icehouse. Just curious if this is the same group?

Welcome aboard!
Yeah, we ride every Sunday (details above) come on out and ride!

There have been a lot of rides popping up lately, but we weren't in that part of the 'hood this past Sunday.
There was another ride in Galveston last Sunday too but I didn't want to be a moving target for all the Spring Break drunks.
We mainly have cruisers on our rides but lately a lot of choppers and stretch jobs have been showing up. Bring whatcha got though!

We also have a Facebook page now, called the Rusty Riders (it gets updated sometimes!).

sounds good i will check out the facebook. My girlfriend and I just got our cruisers not too long ago, so we are excited about riding them ...Nothing fancy, just basic cruisers. (right now)

srreynolds2003 said:
sounds good i will check out the facebook. My girlfriend and I just got our cruisers not too long ago, so we are excited about riding them ...Nothing fancy, just basic cruisers. (right now)

Basic is fine!
I don't believe we've had any celebrities ride with us before! (just checked out your FB page!):shock: :D

Hope to see you guys on Sunday!
Dave

have to see if we can make it this sunday...no promises yet, but for sure we will come ride soon. I have a show Saturday, so it all depends on what time i get in from that.

srreynolds2003 said:
have to see if we can make it this sunday...no promises yet, but for sure we will come ride soon. I have a show Saturday, so it all depends on what time I get in from that.

I hear ya!
I can't hardly stay up past 10pm anymore myself, not if Im gonna be worth anything the next day!

We're still doing the Sunday morning ride but have also added a Sunday evening ride to try and beat the heat!
For details check us out on facebook, just look up 'Rusty Riders' for updates and pics from previous rides.

Back