how do i know when my paint is dry?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i never touch anything ive painted until it been sitting for at least a full seven days. its not just about being dry, its about curing. and MAKE SURE that the clear coat your using is compatible with the paint, ask a profesional at a paint store, not the guys/gals at the hardware store.
fast eddie outty

Not to throw a wrench into this thread, but I've been trollling the web on clear coating info and found one suggestion on throwing the clear on 10 minutes after your last finish coat. The logic being is to have the clear coat fuse or meld with the color coat and therefore adhere better.

For what it's worth.

Spin

it was suggested to me that i spray clear just after paint, or wait a week then clear, but never in between. i was also told that rattle can clear is not compatible with the paint i used on my last paint job, the guy at the store said i'd have to mix and spray it. i have a compressor and air can, but not a gun. looks like i might be buying a new toy!
fast eddie outty

Back