TRADITIONAL Twin Stik Spitfire

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have fun at the retreat!
Those Spoilers are cool rides. I've still never scored one, but someday I'll find a good enough deal on one. I used a set of Spoiler springer forks on my Holeshot build back in BO13.

That is a piece of historical apparel and haberdashery that never goes out of style.
ThundrrrJr isn't too fond of the Air Cadets' headgear. They get a wedge cap and a beret. "Historical" and "cool" do not receive equal billing in teenage hierarchy

Have fun at the retreat!
Those Spoilers are cool rides. I've still never scored one, but someday I'll find a good enough deal on one. I used a set of Spoiler springer forks on my Holeshot build back in BO13.
Camp was great, good weather for the most part. Only one hard rain storm.

Back around 2005 when those Spoilers came out, people were buying them just for the springer. So many frames showed up on E-bay, some went cheap. I bid/bought 3. A guy bought 2 Spoilers just to get more oval aluminum frame pieces to make an extended frame bike. He sold one springer some years later, so I got that pretty cheap too. With the other parts I've bought, I should be able to put at least 2 of them together (one will only have a triple tree, no springer).

Just catching up here after a while away. Cool stuff going on from bikes to machine work to tools to scouts!

I'm reluctant to pivot from the current commentary about the scout camp but I have to point out how cool your drill press is. Love it!

267381-20240525-232936.jpg

The engine turned trim piece is awesome! They just don't make things like they used to.

So while I was at camp this chain guard arrived...

20240630_154207.jpg

The chain guard was another part I have hiding somewhere. Not a deal breaker for the build, but a part I have been picturing for this 24" wheel build. This one was pretty cheap compared to the other 24" guards I spotted. The crazy part is very few sellers list the distance of the 2 mounting bolt holes. Without a sample, people list the total length, a measurement I don't have. Luckily this seller answered my question. Obviously many 26" and 20" guards listed, not so much for a 24" guard. Move to paint for this straight, light rust guard.

Latest posts

Back