How many ride 24" bikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this bike. Please let me know if you ever want to sell it.

JamesG said:
Well, I guess I should have mentioned that I have a long torso but short legs. So the 24" should be fine. I may end up turning it into a cruiser some what like this one. It's a 1966 24" Typhoon.

100_3003.jpg

I stand right at 6' and i love riding my 24" the one with the gold seat is the 24" the other 2 are 20's and the girls one is a 24" i built for a woman for x-mas 2 years ago.
100_1777.jpg

100_1778.jpg

100_2426.jpg

100_1924.jpg

i ride 26"s comfortably and im only 5'4" but i do have long legs and thats with the seat in its rusted in permanent position
my_rat_bike_016.JPG

I make my longest rides on a 26" Mountain bike and a lowered 24" Schwinn w 26" wheels, but when you find a 24" Dragbike for $14.99, you learn to adapt!!!

24dragbike3.jpg

mine has a pretty good ride. im 5'11" with longish legs. i look shorter most of the time cuz i have such long arms. :lol:
DSCN6193.jpg

the only problem with mine was i put a crank on that was too long and made it hard to ride.

I may have missed something but everyone is talking about the size of the tires/wheels and a little has been discussed about normal frame sizes. But no one has really discussed is the frame style! Depending on the frame, 24"s could be just fine, especially if it's a custom frame! Some of my hack and slice frames are designed for eveything from 20" to 27"s just depends on the seating/pedal configurations. This last summer I rode a friends stretched out OCC and everything fit perfect to me except the seat! Sometimes things can be that simple, but make for the most miserable ride you'll ever have.
Go with what feels right to you not what people say you should be riding! I had a 26' roadmaster that had a set of longer than normal forks on it. I couldn't reach the ground without crotching myself. So I kept downsizing the rims until I ended up running 16" on the front and 20" in the rear. It rode great and I enjoyed it but it took me forever to get anywhere! I peddled my but off to keep up with the crowd!

stretch said:
mine has a pretty good ride. im 5'11" with longish legs. i look shorter most of the time cuz i have such long arms. :lol:
DSCN6193.jpg

the only problem with mine was i put a crank on that was too long and made it hard to ride.

I really like the simple look of this bike. What are the tires?

Davis Deluxe 2.125" rear and 1.75" front, 24" of course. took me forever to find one, and then even longer to find another that relatively matches the other. the tread looks really nice, as does the sidewalls.

Hi guys, I'm looking to make my first build out of a 3G Puck, which runs 24X3" wheels. I'm pretty tall with long legs, but my plan is to sue a banana seat dropped right down on the back fender. I'll let you all know how it goes.

I do have a 24 " bike, accordng to Phil it's a '46-47 Huffman, but it's hung up in my garage until it's time to fix up for my little girl, who is only 5, so I reckon it'll be a couple of years before I do anything with it.

I'm building a custom beach cruiser using 24" x100mmm rims with the super fat 24 x 4 1/4" tires. The profile is about the same as 26" wheels so it works just fine for me at 5'9". the frame is low slung firebikes fluid using old school Odyssey black widow cranks at 175 length.

Back