How to make your very own tallbike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever since I've been riding my tallbike daily for the past two and a half years I've gotten a ton of questions about how to make them.

I promised some people I would make a quick drawing, figured I could post it here too. :)

tallbike_1.jpg

tallbike_2.jpg

Nice illustration.
Ive seen a few built that way, but don't like the weight to far back to pop those tall wheelies. I built the Inverta bike from the book "Bicycle Builder Bonanza". Turn the bike up side down and then weld up a seat post to the "BB". You only need one bike to chop up.

Sinner4 said:
Nice illustration.
Ive seen a few built that way, but don't like the weight to far back to pop those tall wheelies. I built the Inverta bike from the book "Bicycle Builder Bonanza". Turn the bike up side down and then weld up a seat post to the "BB". You only need one bike to chop up.

Haha, that book looks brilliant! Never heard of it, thanks, definitely ordering it.

The weight placement isn't really a problem so long you don't go beyond two frames. I have two built like this and they handle fine, even uphill or on bumps. You get used to it. :)

Im an old guy, up 8 ft I like to take it easy. When Inverting the frame, the rake on the front end was to much like a choped out unit. So I cut the frame and went back to 70* to make it normal again.

Back