Howdy from Dallas area

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Stephen. Not sure I'm officially a Rat Rodder, but I'm close if I'm not. My main bike is a more-or-less stock Worksman Industrial Cruiser. I've also got an Arpan Low-Gravity bike which I use for occasional runs to Walmart, and a Worksman front-loading tricycle which is awaiting some new swivel bearings.

SpringFever.jpg

My main bike is a more-or-less stock Worksman Industrial Cruiser

Sweeeeeeet!!!!!! How thick are the spokes on that thing??? I'd just love to see the look on a decked-out road cyclist's face when 100 pounds of rolling steel goes by.

I'm surprised we haven't seen more industrial bikes on here. However, I am NOT surprised we've got another member from the Dallas area. Is there an official count yet? Where the heck is Houston or Austin in here? Houston is huge and Austin is the bike capitol of Texas, but you don't see nearly the number of people joining up as you do from Dallas.

How I found the site- I was googling something, don't remember what.

As to the look on cyclist's faces- not to worry, the serious ones are mostly passing by me, not the other way. But I do pass a few people if I try.

Dallas vs. Austin vs. Houston- Houston is too hot, humid, and rustified- it's sit-in-the-AC country. Austin is too hilly and trendy, gotta have the latest $4,000 bike there.

I think the spokes are 11 ga. They've been holding up well. :)

Yes!! A :D nother Dallas area member. Welcome.

Was the picture takin in Dallas? I can't place the building or the siloh in back. Yep can't figure that one..

That picture was in Sulphur Springs. That's the Dairy Museum in the background. I was at a school or civic center or something on the north side of town. I went out there for the Spring Fever bike ride, and that was the starting point. That Dairy Museum has a couple of giant plastic cows out front, if I remember right. I rode 66 miles or so.

Back