Howdy From Houston...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joey here. I am 40-something :mrgreen: living in the Houston Texas area with my wife and two daughters.

After the doctor told me do something about my health or else, he said to chose something that I can stick with. So I am returning to one of my original favorite hobbies, cycling.

Right now I am restoring a Schwinn Conntinental and a Free Spirit Brittany I found in a church rummage sale for $20. Thanks to Ebay, I got the Free Spirit running right away. Still needs a good buffing and I will be looking for ideas to rat rod it. The Schwinn was probably the worst as far as rust goes, but nothing like a little (or a lot) of Bar Keeper's Friend to clean it up...

1794189863_80b3262f3b_b.jpg
(alt+p)
1795033176_fb4b960c0b_b.jpg
(alt+p)

I'll post other picks under finds... Hope to pick up some good tips for customizing both bikes or at least clean them up good enough to sell...

JZ

welcome. I too have a Free spirit Brittany (odd name for a mans bike) in maroon. Throw up some pics!!!

Markm...

I think the bike might have gotten the name Brittany name from a city in England that is big on Cycling and Cycling tour...

When I searched the web, it kept coming up on all the search engines...

Buzzy...

I live near you, I actually have a Tomball address...

jzepeda said:
Still needs a good buffing and I will be looking for ideas to rat rod it. The Schwinn was probably the worst as far as rust goes, but nothing like a little (or a lot) of Bar Keeper's Friend to clean it up...

Welcome to Ratdom

Steve It looks like you have some competition for cleaning/detailing.

Welcome.

Back