Howdy from Texas!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks, thought I would introduce myself. I have been into bikes for some time now but have made the move to rat bikes and old school rides. I'm currently riding a 1997 GT Dyno Moto 7 that was rigged out to be a rat BMX Cruiser with a 7 speed internal rear hub. I just picked up a Fleetwing Mercury II with the headlamps built in the front of the tank (I can not seem to date the bike, any suggestions?), and then my final project is a 1942 Ladies Ward Hawthorne complete with the rear lamp housing under the rear seat????, rear fender skirts, front strut bars, and a "Fort Worth Bike Permit" plate, dated September 1942, still clamped in the neck. It's a way cool bike that I am going to rat out for my soon to be bride Shannon to cruise with me on.

I spend my off time hunting old bikes & junk, and wrenching on just about anything that is rusted.

Cool website..................over & out

Any suggestions on the year of the Mercury Fleetwing II would be most appreciated. I haven't found on of these in my generic research and figured some of you seasoned vets could lend a hand. Pics are posted in the "Bike Gallery" section. Thanks in advance for the assistance!!!!

Jim ~

Back