Hubless rear wheel

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is why FBM ROCKS! Kenny P. is a gifted fabricator in his own rite. And judging by the company he keeps, only going to get better. That is truly inspirational inovation at its most twisted. :shock: Where do you go from there? I for one want to see the answer ! Too cool!!!!

when i saw billy lane do it to a motor bike i thought it was so cool ,but this guy doingit to a pushie its like f@#$ing awsome

Don't want to ofend anyone, but, you looked at this build diary and all you have to say is it would be nice to have a matching front wheel? Are you kidding me? WOW! :roll: I'm really curious to see pics of what does impress you! LOL. Later&PEACE :mrgreen:

he is 10000 times the builder i am and i am deeply impressed by his accomplishments. i read the blog in awe.

but a matching front wheel would make a nice addition.

Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.
Albert Einstein

I think it is just too simple. It looks too simple because of the lack of hub and spokes which makes it just look weird. But building it became way more complicated and in the end doesn't really contribute to the good looks a simple bike can have. Also it looks like it would be way heavier. Unless the goal is a futuristic space bike or something.

I do have to say fabrication skills are good though.

Just a thought.. Did you notice that he isn't finished with this build yet?

While it IS rideable at this point (and has made several appearances out, he even rode it to my surprise birthday party thrown by my wife), it isn't yet complete. He is very involved in his work and that comes first.

I have asked the same question about the front wheel, and he simply stated he wasn't finished. The guy is about a 1/4 step short of shear genius, and some of the other stuff he's built borders on mobile art. He has an exceptional mind, and along with the "thought-ability", he also has the talent to put the thoughts into reality.

Let's wait and see what the Horseman does with this.....

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

does he still have that awsome honda cb750 he build frame up?????? i was eagerly reading his post on the chopperbike forum b4 it went the way of the spam...... cause i love that bike

Re: Hubless rear wheel & other stuff

Von Stans said:
does he still have that awsome honda cb750 he build frame up?????? i was eagerly reading his post on the chopperbike forum b4 it went the way of the spam...... cause i love that bike

I should have asked him about that Wednesday night. Didn't think about it at the time.. I was just catching up on what's been going on lately.

We talked for soome time while the Hair-O-Ween Ride was preparing for take-off. I know that he had some more stuff out on the bike (750), but can't seem to find it. I am reasonably sure he still has it, and I seem to remember a moving picture (youtube?).

He had the "Hubless Horseman" out for the ride, and it is not any further along than last time I saw it. He always seeems to have several irons on the fire, and stuff for others being done as well.. It performed flawlessly, and as usual, everybody that saw it was kinda freaked out. I was sitting alongside of him while we were still in the lot, and noticed the rear tire on Stretch (Orangestrong, my bike for the night's activities) is a 24X3 on a Large Marge, and it was dwarfed by the tires on the hubless. They are freakin' HUGE!

I am no real mechanic when it comes to derailleurs, but I watched him reset one in the parking lot while we were waiting to ride on a bike he had modified... poor word.."RECONSTRUCTED" is the proper word... a Stilletto, that the gears always were a little problematic on (another Eric, by the way..), and I was amazed yet again, as in less than a couple of minutes it went from a some speeds, to a seven speed.

There is a thread on the aftermath of the ride in the Freakbike Nation site. Not a lot of pics up yet, but I know there were an awful lot taken. The ride was the largest group ever, and was also the fifth year anniversary ride. Unofficially, the count was 241 bikes. It was UNREAL!

Anyway, I will be seeing Horseman again in November at a show (I think he is going as well) and at a another ride afterward on the same night. I'll try to remember to ask about the 750. Last time we went to this show, I was invited to his residence and given the Grand Tour! He has some really neat toys (some of which are seeen in the BikeRod and Kustom isssue you have tagged in this thread. ) I tried to find the homepage for the issue the hubless bike was in, as there is an interview that shows alot of other Horseman Engineering projects. The Harley is a REAL headturner, and at that time the 750 was not yet a stable resident.

If you can tag a link to that interview, that would be a good thing... It was in my former computer, and I haven't been able to find it in the replacement one yet. (stinkin' viruses!)

More later,
Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

I want to see a video of someone heavier riding it.The more weight the more stress on not only that style frame setup,but the hub less wheel,im not sure about that.

Smellslike1974 said:
I want to see a video of someone heavier riding it.The more weight the more stress on not only that style frame setup,but the hub less wheel,im not sure about that.

How big?
Horseman is not a lightweight, but certainly doesn't weigh what I do!
I'd venture a guess he's about 185.

The bike has been ridden frequently, both Eric and his wife as pilots. I have been on several rides with them where if there was going to be some sort of failure, there would have. What is it that you feel will not hold up? The frame is strong as the dickens.

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Im just concern about the whole hub less system.idk maybe if i saw it in person i would understand better.

It runs on skate wheels and the build quality is outstanding, it looks absolutely sound to me. Very impressive.

It looks great as it is but I'd love to see it with hubless front and hub-centre steering, that would be out of this world.

Strangely enough, I got a post tonight with a link to the article on the 4th Horseman. If you haven't read it, or aren't familiar with his other work (which this is only a little bit of), it is a pretty good article.
Here is the link:
http://bikerodnkustom4.homestead.com/Eric_Paulson_interview.html

This gives a little "personal" insight into what's inside his head..

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

It looks even better in person, trust me. And seeing it ride down the road is too cool.
Roland, I meant to say hi to you on the Halloween ride but I spent all night chasing my kids around.

Pete

Back