Huffy a Hawthorne a Mead Ranger & other old bicycle stuff ..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I went to Copake this past weekend a 4 hour drive :roll: . At this swap if its good & you blink more than one time its gone...I managed to get a few things at this fast paced Swap. :D
This bike showed up at 11 am with a truck load of other nice nice bikes ranging in age from the 1890s to the early 1970s the trailer & truck load lasted for the most part lasted less than 5 mins. I managed to get this one because it was unseen under a blanket Ive had at least 10 of Huffy Rails over the years . This is one of the cleanest original ones Ive ever seen & the nicest one Ive owned.
DSC00205_zps490fc0c9.jpg

DSC00208_zps62340865.jpg

DSC00206_zps634bf356.jpg

This is a Hawthorne 24 /16 inch wheel bike ..Its really clean overall I bought it before it hit the ground .
DSC00203_zps8307bbb4.jpg

Heres another of the Huffy with the Hawthorne.
DSC00195_zps6a7ab8af.jpg

A Mead Ranger I bought it for the Awesome Badge But I may end up restoring it ?? I have a sprocket the wheels & a seat so I just might rebuld this ..
DSC00212_zps38bf6972.jpg

DSC00213_zps19215d0a.jpg

Bike Lanterns There was a tupaware tub full of these I managed to get 3 of them ( I was lucky to be right there when the bin came out ).The bin full lasted seconds .
DSC00218_zpsc76592b6.jpg

Awesome finds! :D Those muscle bikes are real beauties :wink: The Rail looks very similar in color to my Columbia Longboy :)

Danimal said:
Awesome finds! Now can somebody please tell me why I wasn't there?

Because after being out of work for months you chose the WRONG week to go back :p

Honestly though, the swap is nothing like any other ive been to. There is very early stuff that most of us have never seen or could afford for that matter and the balloon tire and muscle bike stuff just isnt what the big "ballers" are looking for so the prices are very, very fair.

To give you an idea on prices, I picked up this VERY clean and 100% OG Mercury for $275 :shock: I resold it an hour later to someone who wanted it much more than I did 8)

Thousand Thanks for your photos of my old Huffy Rails. I had two. Loved em.

Once rode one from Monterey to Big Sur - and back. Some 25 twisty up and down miles (one way) on a roughly paved road.

Its long wheelbase might have influenced me to write this article -- "Future Road Track Racing Motorcycle (MotoGP) Wheelbases Will Be Far Longer" at http://daviddilworthdesign.com/design/racing-motorcycle-wheelbases-are-way-too-short/

Really deeply appreciated that you posted those photographs.

What wonderful memories come flooding back ;-)

Latest posts

Back