I ❤️ the smell of mock-up in the morning

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20231026_160916.jpg

Off to chrome we go.

emerald-metallic-pmb-4212-dt20180905204033633-thumbnail.jpg

These are not a very good representations of the color. The color is Emerald Metallic and it's dark, dark, dark. I'm thinking silver and gray and possibly a third color pinstripes. Fenders will be powdered, rims are chrome. Most likely 3 weeks for chrome which is excellent. Powder is probably 2 weeks out, maybe less. I'll send everything to the pinstriper before assembly.

One setback. It was all going so smoothly. Somebody was not paying attention.
20231024_123850.jpg
I included this picture and said "weld up these two holes and make them pretty". Because of the angle of the fender a light would shine straight up. After pc I was informed that "you can kind of see them". Kinda is not acceptable. So now grind down, reweld (pretty) and pc again.

Does the chrome affect the threading on the axle? And what about the bearing surface on the cones? Will the bearings wear through the chrome? I know very little about chrome. Looks great!

Does the chrome affect the threading on the axle? And what about the bearing surface on the cones? Will the bearings wear through the chrome? I know very little about chrome. Looks great!
No it actually makes the threads better. The bearing surface is slick. It will ware through eventually. Keep them clean and they'll last your lifetime. Best to get a chromer who knows his stuff.

Latest posts

Back