I Can't Sell Anything, It's A Sickness!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know how you guys can sell anything cool. My problem is, whenever I build or buy something cool, I end out keeping it for life. I had a guy come in to my work recently and offered me $45 grand cash for my '72 Nova and I couldn't do it!! My boss thought I was crazy. :crazy: Maybe I am. Another time, my dad and I were at a bike show and a guy offered me $950 bucks for my '57 Evans. I said nope. I only had $150 invested in it too. My dad thought I was an idiot for not selling it. I can't do it. It's a sickness. Like I always say, "I'm not a hoarder, I'm a collector of fine junk." I also made up and printed some metal signs and they fit me perfectly.

Or...

How much would one of the bike collector signs cost if you wanted to sell it. I would be interested in one
I actually do sublimation on the side. These are things I could sell but I need to see how much it costs me to make then I'll let you know.

20160504_113124.jpg
I buy ,Sell, Trade like no end and my storage still looks like this ?

20160504_113204.jpg
20160504_113214.jpg

My problem is, whenever I build or buy something cool, I end out keeping it for life. I had a guy come in to my work recently and offered me $45 grand cash for my '72 Nova and I couldn't do it!!

I hear ya. Finally sold a bike on CL today...ahhh...more room in the shed. Later in the day, was out in the drive workin' on a Longtail bike I'm building, and the neighbor comes over and gives me two old bikes because he's moving. OF course, I could have politely refused, they are just regular fix and flip bikes, but noooo. Now, the bike shed is bursting at the seams again. lol :) Parts ! more Parts, yaaay.

P.S. I restored a '72 Nova years ago...great little car, nice light body...the 307 engine
Car had two speeds...Fast..and Faster. :thumbsup:
Franco

I am new to the bike collecting but I already forsee a problem. I was looking a the photos to see if there was anything I wanted including the audio equipment. I don't have much space in the garage. But my business has 3600 sqft with a 20 ft ceiling.

I don't have much space in the garage. But my business has 3600 sqft with a 20 ft ceiling.

wahhhh? I want a warehouse too Patches. :20:
True story, I've always wanted one to work out of, and to live in...build about 4 little rooms deep in the center, What a Man Cave.
almost bought an old Ice Cream Plant up in Pennsylvania a few years ago...but it slipped thru the cracks...:bigboss: couldn't close the deal damm.
Franco .

HA! I cured myself. Offed 20 bikes in the last two weeks and gave away another 20! I am happy about it! I got my garage back and am getting down to what I really like! If it aint a clean/pretty bike for the lady or a pre-war CWC its pretty much GONE!!!! Ya'll got issues. lolololol

You get a warehouse and you fill it up, you get a bigger garage and you fill that up. Heck, you want a bigger closet? And you fill that up too. :crazy2:
No matter how big, you will fill it up! Can't you see the madness here?:grin:
When you getting that bike shipped over to me man to free up some space for ya?! :p

I'd like one of those "Bike Collector" signs also. Seems like I always have "20 some" bikes. I had 50 at one time and there literally was no more room - have you ever tried to hide 50 bikes from a woman? I still have a very conservative wish list and every so often I'll check one off after I find it - so I'll sell a few and then count them up again and somehow I still have "20 some" bikes. It would be a lot easier if I was only interested in one style bike but I like a lot of them. And when I want to ride a different one for awhile I take a ladder over to my storage space and climb up to the 8' shelf where I store them all and wrestle it down to floor level. Sure do like my bikes though.

Back