I can't wait till sunday! GOT 'EM!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well I got a trade worked out trading my Tandem for two tandems! One is done up with some cool parts, has a rear wheel engine kit, and a trike FRONT end :? The other just needs paint and cleaning. My yellow one is just too nice to re-paint so now I'll get one I can re-do in Sky Blue.

5L15Ie5Me3ne3Mb3Jbc3e792fb53fa1ad14c2.jpg

5N95F65Md3M23I63Hbc3eebd71f2f907e1fe2.jpg

Re: I can't wait till sunday!

There was a bike on CL in the area recently that had a front end like that. I almost picked it up but couldnt talk myself into it.

Chips_Mahoy said:
There was a bike on CL in the area recently that had a front end like that. I almost picked it up but couldnt talk myself into it.
That's where these were. I know my shed will never forgive me. Storage is already running slim but it's an addiction.

outskirtscustoms said:
Chips_Mahoy said:
That's where these were. I know my shed will never forgive me. Storage is already running slim but it's an addiction.
You don't have to explain it to me......I'm right there w/ ya! Thats why I'm getting reid of all non-essential bikes.

Yeah but to me all of them are essential. I have weeded out most of the "Junkers" and sold a lot of the flippers. Next step is getting rid of all my non-essential parts and find the parts to finish my projects. Right now I'm sitting comfortably with 14 bikes.

outskirtscustoms said:
Chips_Mahoy said:
Seen pics of your shed outskirts Im trying to figure out how your going to fit the trike front end one in your shed lol

dragnusa said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Chips_Mahoy said:
Seen pics of your shed outskirts Im trying to figure out how your going to fit the trike front end one in your shed lol

Very Carefully :lol: .....Seriously though if it will come off I'm going to remove it from that bike and put it on something else....A little pet project I've got in my head. The motor will also come off to go on something else or be sold. Both Tandems will be restored back to original except paint color. One will be Coppertone, other will be Sky blue to match my fiance's Hollywood.

I got them both! Even up trade for my Tandem.
First this 1965 Twinn, needs chains and had a tree growing through the seat spring. :lol: Mo' Ratta, Mo' Betta!
PB290142.jpg

PB290143.jpg

PB290153.jpg

Still a little remnant of Sky blue paint under there. Has a nice patina look to it.
PB290151.jpg

PB290152.jpg

Second is this 1979 Deluxe Twinn. I love this front end. Apparently, as he tells it, it was modified by a guy named "Root" in Rushville, In who made this front end and was trying to get it patented but passed away before receiving the patent. He said there were less than 500 that he made, this being the only Tandem done that he knows of. Really good quality welds on it too. Also needs chains, rear derailleur is bent, and the tires have seen better days. I figure just in parts I got a deal.

PB290149.jpg

PB290147.jpg

PB290148.jpg

PB290146.jpg

PB290150.jpg

PB290144.jpg

PB290145.jpg

And yes they fit in the shed.........Barely :mrgreen:

largek9 said:
Thats is Crazy cool ! You should try to see if you can locate others with that front end, Just for kicks, super nice find! :)

I've only seen 3 with a front like this in my life, One was when I was 5 years old in an antique shop on a cruiser style bike. This one on the web: http://wrique.blogspot.com/2006/03/heathers-trike.html

And the Tandem I have now. I love old kooky stuff and this is about as kooky as it gets. As the American Pickers say the time to buy something unusual is when you see it. :mrgreen: I'm completely enamored with this thing.

duncan said:
How'd you haul that trike?

Nice finds!
Guy brought it to me! He had it strapped down on a flatbed S-10. I love the trike, going to start tear-down tomorrow.

I wonder if I could use this as my build off bike.....Thinking of maybe modding a few stems for the outer forks just enough to hold a headlight each so they turn with the wheels, Kinda like that new Volvo's headlights.

MORTUNDEAD said:
Are you planning of keeping the motor? I could use one of those

Even with the holes in the gas tank? I'm probably not going to use it. The mechanism to raise and lower it works but I have no idea if it runs, the gas tank has the holes in it as shown, and pull cord is missing. But most of it is there.

Latest posts

Back