I.D. this and check out this paint job!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was back at my friend's to show him a pic of my upright bass that he pinstriped for me. It was in pieces when he striped it so he hadn't seen it all together. Last time I was there 3 weeks ago he was taking this bike apart to fix up for the little lady. No name or headbadge anywhere. Well as of today it looks SWEET but we still don't know what brand it is. He wants to paint it on the chain guard.

IMG00153-20101010-1722.jpg

IMG00154-20101010-1730.jpg

That is a sweet paint job! Love the colors and great pinstriping. Now for the confusing part of my post... I would have to agree with cman that the dropouts look like a huffy built bike, but the fork crown looks more like my AMF than they do on my 61' Huffy built JCH, but maybe earlier Huffy forks were like yours. Probably didn't make note of any ser# on the frame before it got painted, but sometimes that sequence of numbers can help id the bike, along with a chainring that was originally on the bike. But officially, I lean towards either a Huffy built bike or a Ross, like Wildcat suggests. Good luck! :D

The last one looks the closest. But this one was painted not chrome. The rack looks the same too. The sprocket was lucky 7 style.

bighit said:
here is the front end from one of my Columbia Firebolts. It looks like the tank was made by the same people.
Hmm! Chain/Ross must have sourced them from Westfield/Columbia, unless the Columbia light bezel just happens to fit the Ross tank. The large lucky 7 chainring is seen on earlier Ross, and Chain Bike built JC Higgins bikes. -Adam

Darn these Rat rod builders :x Always swapping parts from different bikes to mess with me :x
:lol: :lol: :lol: I think its a mix of all of the above...just my ignorant guess :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back