I need current

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two years working on a system with three wires, and it's still not working, would normally lead any ordinary person to suspect that they didn't understand what they were doing, yes.

Since you said you received NO documentation with the engine, and posted no readings, and also stated that you didn't KNOW what voltage or power the circuit was supposed to operate at, it's hard to imagine HOW you can state that readings are "normal". We could assume you mean you took resistance measurements, that match something you found on the internet, but you never stated this, and that's an assumption that contradicts your language about verifying "normal CURRENT flow". Regardless, as as Capt. Awesome pointed out, unless you share those, what can we do with your statements.

One would probably assume black to black and blue to blue, however it's certainly possible that the factory changed wire color codes at some point, or mis-wired your particular components. And, this is the first time you stated that you hooked things up based on color.

As I already said, If you don't have time to share your readings, or diagram your wiring, there's very little we can do for you. You don't seem to understand how a diagnostic process, or asking for free help, works.

But, I'm glad to hear that everything is now working satisfactorily. Congratulations!
It's not working

It’s called troubleshooting for a reason. You have to eliminate items and follow the data. Without data you aren’t going anywhere

Go back and read the responses you’ve already gotten. You’re just repeatedly telling us “it’s not working” but provide zero substance to help you find root cause

I’ve built and raced more 2 stroke machines than most people can even comprehend. No stranger to the intricacies of a simple single cylinder wiring pattern

Good luck. Maybe someone more knowledgeable and patient will be along to help you

Two years working on a system with three wires, and it's still not working, would normally lead any ordinary person to suspect that they didn't understand what they were doing, yes.

Since you said you received NO documentation with the engine, and posted no readings, and also stated that you didn't KNOW what voltage or power the circuit was supposed to operate at, it's hard to imagine HOW you can state that readings are "normal". We could assume you mean you took resistance measurements, that match something you found on the internet, but you never stated this, and that's an assumption that contradicts your language about verifying "normal CURRENT flow". Regardless, as as Capt. Awesome pointed out, unless you share those, what can we do with your statements.

One would probably assume black to black and blue to blue, however it's certainly possible that the factory changed wire color codes at some point, or mis-wired your particular components. And, this is the first time you stated that you hooked things up based on color.

As I already said, If you don't have time to share your readings, or diagram your wiring, there's very little we can do for you. You don't seem to understand how a diagnostic process, or asking for free help, works.

But, I'm glad to hear that everything is now working satisfactorily. Congratulations!

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s called troubleshooting for a reason. You have to eliminate items and follow the data. Without data you aren’t going anywhere

Go back and read the responses you’ve already gotten. You’re just repeatedly telling us “it’s not working” but provide zero substance to help you find root cause

I’ve built and raced more 2 stroke machines than most people can even comprehend. No stranger to the intricacies of a simple single cylinder wiring pattern

Good luck. Maybe someone more knowledgeable and patient will be along to help you

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back