I shall call him wilfrid the klunker(action video)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: I shall call him wilfrid the klunker (shake down)

Jake Sensi said:
GO JATS GO!! LOOKING GOOD MAN!!
thanks jake!!!!! And am planning on riding the tires off my clunker!!!!!!!!

Troy

bruce said:
Way to go Jats. Great job with the slide too. :lol:
thanks dude really appreciate it!!! now to get him finished up!!! :D

Troy

been at work for a couple days and found an old picture of my 1982 modified Schwinn King sting MTB ro de this bike until 4 years ago when I replaced him with my Marrin. could not retire him so Motorized him!!!!

this is how they looked new

Troy

Gold Street Customs said:
Way to rock Wilfred, nice pics. :?: are you anywhere near Christmas Valley :?:
2-3 hours north west of Christmas valley, 23 miles north of bend. have spent allot of time there though great country around there!!!

Troy

jats said:
2-3 hours north west of Christmas valley, 23 miles north of bend. have spent allot of time there though great country around there!!!

Troy
hey gold street your in upper lake CA thats by bear creek hot springs and whiskey town!! do they still run the whiskey town down hill race? there used to be some incredible rides in the mining district in that area (MTB) infact thats the area I broke the factory forks on my King Sting and ended up with the Ritchey forks!!!!

Troy

O.K. so the Wife and Daughter are at the black sheep gathering ( a festival for hand spinners and weavers, who is the Hippie now? ) and have the camera! but, yesterday, I rebuilt the head light using my intrepid cell phone camera so these are pretty crummy! when she gets back I will get better pics!!!

soldered eyes for bolted connections

the terminal studs that I put together

the existing 1960's switch with the adapter extensions

the battery pack that I made, its a 2 cell 4.5 volt deep cycle battery using 6 AA batteries wired in series and parallel ( like on big trucks, rv's etc)( 2 of the little Round LED light packs wired in parallel)
switch to LED light connections

external terminals for the taillight

all wired up

If anyone wants I need to build another battery pack for my 10 speed and can document it better. Momma Jats has to build one also so.

Troy

jats said:
jats said:

Troy
hey gold street your in upper lake CA thats by bear creek hot springs and whiskey town!! do they still run the whiskey town down hill race? there used to be some incredible rides in the mining district in that area (MTB) infact thats the area I broke the factory forks on my King Sting and ended up with the Ritchey forks!!!!

Troy
Actually I am on the northwest end of Clearlake as far as mt bike trials ,Lots of them up on Cobb Mt, here's a shot of Main St

Sweet dude when I was 18 moved from central Oregon to Eureka to go to College. rode bikes all over the Humboldt county redwoods Whiskey town Bolinas ridge San Fran area ETC. Spent allot of time in the Mendocino Forest North of you. also. Great trails and old school bikes!!!! this Summer am thinking about taking Wilfrid To Rio-Dell/ Scotia have some family there and riding him in the groves.

Troy

jats said:
Sweet dude when I was 18 moved from central Oregon to Eureka to go to College. rode bikes all over the Humboldt county redwoods Whiskey town Bolinas ridge San Fran area ETC. Spent allot of time in the Mendocino Forest North of you. also. Great trails and old school bikes!!!! this Summer am thinking about taking Wilfrid To Rio-Dell/ Scotia have some family there and riding him in the groves.

Troy
Hey are you klunking Procrastination?

LukeTheJoker said:
Nice work on that light Jats!
Looks great!

Luke.
thanks Luke!!!!!! really appreciate it :D :D

Troy

well fired up the Kluncker loom today

and manufactured the replacement straps that failed, the first one is the hold strap for the headlight which failed due to a bad tie off. the second one (also for the head light ) I think I will leave the way it is! #3 is the new portage strap since the first failed. it has been reinforced to prevent failure

Re: I shall call him wilfrid the klunker (more weaving)

Cool loom, but Bert and Ernie are creeping me out. :p

kingfish254 said:
Cool loom, but Bert and Ernie are creeping me out. :p
:lol:

so got the portage trap and headlight/taillight done today head back to work tomorrow so will test ride when I get back!

laced the little holes in the Brooks with jute
l

so there it is 10 to 15 more test rides and I might be done!! found a nice set of late 70's 165mm crank arms in the bone yard. that should give me enough pedal clearance and as a bonus there steel!! unfortunately it's a 2 ring set-up. see you guys in a couple days!!!!!

Troy

Love the build and the weaves...I’m sure you learn your wicked skills on one of your rides through my town, Fairfax, CA? If you did the Bolinas run then you had to pass through this eclectic community of hippy macramé, peacock feathers, and tie-dye shirts? This is the town that claims to be the first community of Klunkers and where Mt Biking originated; [url=http://www.mtnbikehalloffame..../www.mtnbikehalloffame.com/page.cfm?pageid=14
[/url]
Today, on any given weekend the town is inundated with literally thousands of bikers, still trail blazing the back roads and bike paths. :wink: :wink:

fordsnake said:
Love the build and the weaves...I’m sure you learn your wicked skills on one of your rides through my town, Fairfax, CA? If you did the Bolinas run then you had to pass through this eclectic community of hippy macramé, peacock feathers, and tie-dye shirts? This is the town that claims to be the first community of Klunkers and where Mt Biking originated; [url=http://www.mtnbikehalloffame..../www.mtnbikehalloffame.com/page.cfm?pageid=14
[/url]
Today, on any given weekend the town is inundated with literally thousands of bikers, still trail blazing the back roads and bike paths. :wink: :wink:
Sweet and yes I was in that area in the mid 80's on the King Sting have hazy memories of Fairfax and allot of cool memories of riding those trails and some great times!!!!!!! by hook or by crook I will be riding the Redwoods by Rio Dell and Weott. Will let you know when I'm in area if you want to arrange a ride with Momma Jats and me!!!!!

today I start the trailer!! put on some type-o-negative to help with the tear down and have removed a tranny from my bronco to get me warmed up!!!!!! Momma Jats is joining me in the shop later and will working on her ride, wish she would tell me why I can't go into the paint booth or look at her choice of paints. she says its a surprise!? :? :roll: 8)

Troy

P.S. pics this P.M. and I think i found another slide corner 8)

Back