I shall call him wilfrid the klunker(action video)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: I shall call him wilfrid the klunker (A little more done)

I think you're gonna need a longer hose.

:lol: :lol: :lol: thanks guys!! and yes we used a longer hose but most importantly I AM HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Troy

good day all in all repaired a couple of bikes and taught Momma jats how to build a hub!!! she is now ready to build her front rim!! will be back on wilfred in a few days!.

Troy

GO jats,NICE :D (A little more done)never stops it seems,i got to get out the house more :) cant wait to see your bike done!

Thank you.

((((hugs))))

I appreciate your patience and guidance.

Loves....Laurie

Laurie Thom said:
Thank you.

((((hugs))))

I appreciate your patience and guidance.

Loves....Laurie
yw

Re: I shall call him wilfrid the klunker (new stuff done)

todays efforts!

drive side chain stay wrapped to deaden chain slap

future shim stock

current shim stock

my BMX bike sacrificed its BB 3 piece adapter

made a strap for the front brake arm

assembled the BB, could not use the stock cups so shimmed in some modern ones. Yes those are BIO-Pace on the crank arm. grabbed some deraliers, and fitted a set of 1982 bear traps. the cranks are are from a 1986 Schwinn Sierra

started working on the frame finish

will get more done tomorrow!!

Troy

I'm really liking the finish! That Earthy color is perfect with the jute.

IMG_0519_zpsb94dc89b.jpg

Love the finish on your frame! Looking sharp!

thank you very much!!

AAAAAAAHHHHHH broke the little wire off the LED headlight board :roll: . :!: :!: :eek: :lol:

The finish is Marine varnish and was Momma jats Idea!! I was planning on a paint job. Glad I listened could not have predicted how cool it turned out!!!!!! (just saw it in the shop) :shock:

THANK YOU MOMMA JATS :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :lol: :lol: see you in the shop when you get off work :lol: :lol:

Been outta the "loop" for a bit. Just took a quick glance through your build. The finish on the frame is amazing!

jackmac4 said:
Been outta the "loop" for a bit. Just took a quick glance through your build. The finish on the frame is amazing!
thank you :D :D :D :D

Troy

Re: I shall call him wilfrid the klunker (today much done)

Hey! so started today mounting the rear wheel and noticed the frame was not strait :roll: even though I got it from a reputable salvage yard :!: so threw a string on it and found the rear triangle was bent to the side a 1/2 inch!!! sooooo after I tried straitening it gently to no avail I was forced to resort to the farmers straitning stomp :wink: :lol:

after a good stomping it is now strait and the tire sits right 8)

the fork cups were shot and was glad that I had gotten more shim stock yesterday to fit the new cups properly

rear brake arm bracket

Got the shifters, brakes, and cables done the Jute wrapping has not been varnished yet so its still real light

added a patina to the top shock mount but forgot to take a picture of it will do it tomorrow. here he is with the tank and a good seat (after sitting on the rusty beast I thought that it needed to go in the will use later pile

the crank arms may be a problem they are 175mm and clear the floor by by about 3 inches :( so will take a look at 170mm and 165mm cranks tomorrow :lol:

Troy

Re: I shall call him wilfrid the klunker (today much done)

oh have not forgot the headlight repair :( will try and fix tomorrow or the next day!!!!

Troy

Back