i won at the fun drags with the ranchero!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in sacramento we have sacramento raceway and every wed night they do bracket racing. i took the ol ranchero out there to see what it would do and ummmm well not as fast as i thought. best time of the night was 19.70 at 69MPH :D however i kept beating guys cause i have done this with other cars before and know how to get good reaction times the hardest part is figuring out how fast a car will react once you launch it. my avg reaction times were in the .054 range on a .000 tree so that is pretty good. in the final i went up aganst this huge 69 GMC truck that was dialed in at 16.5. i got a huge hole shot on him but even then he was right on me at the line and i thought he won then i saw the win light come on in my lane. i was fist pumping down the shut off area and almost missed the turn out. was lots of fun and i was the slowest car out there by almost a full second. !!!

Congrads I definetly miss those races its just so far to go anywhere from here but I have to make it to Sac drags sometime soon. I used to race a 72 Buick GS Stage 1 at Baylands many years ago along with a 78 Toyota truck with a 350 m22 4spd that was way fun. On the up side when I get this build off bike done I need to turn some time towards my 72 Monte Carlo finish the interior and at least put one complete coat of primer on it.

Sounds like fun. You are correct that money cant' buy everything. Skill is usually more important.

Latest posts

Back