ICE Bike- Scott Catalina- New Snow pics 12/1

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I spent a little time in the freezing garage last night changing out the tires and adding the CETMA Rack. I usually put my studded tires on a spare wheel set to swap on and off my Xtracycle. This year I decide a dedicated bike would be a better option. There is no derailer or brake system to freeze up in the snow and slush.

Ride Report this morning:
Temp: 9F
Road Conditions: Ice and spotty pavement
Performance: Much safer than slicks. Passed another biker with confidence and speed.

IMAG0262.jpg

IMAG0264.jpg

Re: ICE Bike- Scott Catalina

Nice ice-cycle :wink: ,kinda risky riding in those conditions is'nt it ? it kinda reminds me of some of thee old pic.s i've seen of old klunkers ! 8)

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
Nice ice-cycle :wink: ,kinda risky riding in those conditions is'nt it ?

It can be. I always where my helmet and the cruiser sits a little lower so I can put my feet down quicker. I have had some close calls in the last 4 or 5 years but never went down. I can be scary though when your front slips sideways on you.

thatismytruck said:
Nice Rack!!
Yes it is.

stretch said:
nice! you guys already got snow??
Just a little 3 or 4 inches in town but enough that I will be skiing Thanksgiving Day at the local ski hill. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wow! you have more snow that we do here. :shock: Nice bike though! I like it. Be careful out there!

BrunneCustoms said:
Wow! you have more snow that we do here. :shock: Nice bike though! I like it. Be careful out there!
More snow is on the way this weekend. So I will definitely get more "test" rides.

7" inches of new snow and still snowing this morning. All local schools have been canceled, so my wife,who is a teacher, and kids are home. Riding was not to bad on the packed tracks but really tough in the fresh snow.

In front of my house.

IMAG0002.jpg

Rear wheel in front of the office.

IMAG0004.jpg

Not being from a snow place, I wondered if you couldn't take the fenders off so the snow wouldn't get all clogged up under them?
Seems like you need a ski and a cool rubber track like on a snowmobile. Like a snomobike sled thingie. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ktrak-skibike.jpg

Uncle Stretch said:
Not being from a snow place, I wondered if you couldn't take the fenders off so the snow wouldn't get all clogged up under them?
There is a enough clearance on these fenders. Plus the fenders keep the slush and slop off the bike and you.

Back