Ideas for this future RRBBO build, all welcome -Frame Pic!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is the frame i am working with. It is a 30s colson fat tire frame. I want to buid with it a bike that resembles something of a racer of the time (if that makes any sense) and i would love to hear any input or ideas for paint/design. I know it looks like heck now, but it will be sandblasted as good as new, and its very straight. I have a brown brooks saddle and i plan on using black tripple clamp forks and black rims/spokes. Obviously id like to take advantage of the fact that it is a fat tire frame. So i was hoping you all could give me some opinions on what you would do for a paint job that would give it sort of a dated look, like flat and or duller colors. Thanks a lot for your help. hope you like.
DSCN1657s.jpg

I know the build off is over, but im going to be spending the month of july building this bike, so hopefully there will be a build off going on.

awesome

Hey thanks hooch, that stuff is great! its weird to see what my bike looks like.. when its a bike :) .
I am actually planning to do something more modern looking, with the tripple clamp forks and probably 24x3in tires, but i wanted a paint that looks old/prewar. Granted, i know the paints on those pictures are prewar, im thinking something like tan or red/rusty brown. Im not sure, but thanks again, that is awesome.

Hey dude, I say leave her rusty and make a HOTROD!!!

Back