Ideas Ideas Ideas...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a lot of thinking I think I know what direction Im going. This could also be awesome as a motor kit bike... :D
IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

Does anybody know the legal age to ride on a motorized bike in california, or even if they are legal at all?
Any ideas please share!!!

I think as long as its less then 50cc its legal at any age...

Just looked up the laws for Cali and you have to have an M1 or M2 license to operate a moped or motorized bike. The only way you can avoid this is if it doesn't go over 20mph in which case you must be 16 years of age. Also I will tell you motor kit bikes go way faster than that. The one time I rode one it did about 35mph which is already not legal. It's not supposed to be faster than 30mph on flat ground.

I would be careful, I now Cali is way more strict about those things than up here in WA.

Shoot looks like I'm outta luck :roll: Im 14 and theres no way Im getting a motorcycle licence... Crap! :x :x :x

sooo now what? where are you going to go with this bike? nice bike to do a rat build with but where are your ideas for it? this will be a fun build for you. thanks for sharing so far.

Outlaw 8)

Outlaw - fast low and layback. Maybe a banana seat? Just for the board tracker look. I tried to make a layback seat post out of electrical conduit and almost ruined a frame, Im gonna mess around with that. Im kinda low on parts right now for cruiser bikes, need a 26" cruiser wheel set (its running 700c flip flop in the rear right now :roll: ) Most likely some different bars. I have a junky mtb front fork that might look cool. The kind that had the rods that go to the top of the head tube (sorry if this sounds stupid). I want some FAT tires :D Something board tracker based. I might even mess around with a motor kit, there is one on a cracked frame for 50$ on craigslist right now. (Its an ugly chinese motor though - pretty unauthentic.)

I say build it into a sweet bike, maybe pick up the bike with the motor but decide later if you really want to put it on.

I woke up early before school this morning and got some stuff done. I tried to build a layback seat post out of conduit, but when I sat on it I felt my hard work bend into the rear wheel :x . Like the look though. I might mess with the paint some more, probably go bare metal.
IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

Yeah, seat posts are generally at least twice as thick as conduit. I know people have used those bar ends that you clamp onto mountain bike handlebars. Not sure how safe that is either. I made one but I cut and welded it.

Keep it up though, I'm sure you'll figure something out.

if ya want to run a BT I think what I would do is get the widest 700 tires you can and go from there. that would be alittle different. ya got to find some really thick bar for a seat post like a jack handle. I like your ideas and prob get the motor an maybe use it on another build. keep going , your doing good. glad to see a young person doing this.

Outlaw 8)

Back