If you had $100,000 what would you drive?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walker said:
I'd want to find one of these, Jeep FC170 crew cab (with optional factory plow would be perfect)

imagesCAXCNXL0.jpg

I think there's 2 of those near me!

I'd drive my '65 Mustang after it was completely restored the way I want it. Then I'd have a nice pickup for the rain, snow, etc.

bikebuilder said:
'50's car vs. Smart = no injury, laugh, drive home
'50's car vs. Dodge Neon = no injury, replace a headlight then drive home
'50's car vs. Toyota Camry = possible injury, maybe replace a radiator and a few dents
'50's car vs. S-10 = possible injury, Some body damage, repairable
'50's car vs. Dodge Ram = Possible Serious injury Serious body damage but may be fixable.
'50's car vs. Semi = Serious injury probably totaled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF6JUB7bCEk

Yeah did you see the orange cloud of rust under the '59? Try that with a restored '59 Impala and it'd be a way different story.

Hay Burner said:
I think you're giving the Neon way too much credit.

Yeah but I figure it'd probably bust up both cars but the smart would get some expensive damage. I don't care either way, I won't drive one. Fluffy guys and small cars don't mix. :mrgreen:

outskirtscustoms said:
Hay Burner said:
I think you're giving the Neon way too much credit.

Yeah but I figure it'd probably bust up both cars but the smart would get some expensive damage. I don't care either way, I won't drive one. Fluffy guys and small cars don't mix. :mrgreen:

They just don't make cars for us normal sized guys anymore. Neither of those cars are cheap to repair, if they held a gun to my head I think I would rather be in the Smart, just because I used to run a Chrysler dealership body shop and have fixed and totaled a lot of Neons.

If I had to pick any newer small car I'd get a VW Golf or Rabbit with a VR6 motor under the hood. As a "Car guy" I can't call the "Smart car" a "Car" without kinda laughing inside. It's more like something straight out of Mario Kart. :roll:

I agree but the Smart does serve a purpose. I don't have one for it but somebody does. I made the move to a small car last November for my job. I bought an HHR SS, I really wanted a VW R32 but I couldn't find a good one in my range. I refuse to buy another new car.

Hay Burner said:
I agree but the Smart does serve a purpose. I don't have one for it but somebody does. I made the move to a small car last November for my job. I bought an HHR SS, I really wanted a VW R32 but I couldn't find a good one in my range. I refuse to buy another new car.

Nice choice, I like those. How are they on power?

outskirtscustoms said:
Hay Burner said:

I've got to say I was mildly surprised. I traded my 2004 Titan Crew Cab for it so it was a huge change for me. All around the car is a hoot to drive, it's not too bad when you aren't in the boost,but when you put your foot down it will get after it. Getting on the freeway is a blast. I have surprised a few ricers, and they don't like to be beat by my little red lunchbox. I haven't had it out on the track yet, but from the guys that I have talked to have run low 14s stock. My wife calls it my mid-life crisis car ( I bought it on my 41st birthday) My main argument for that is I went from a big truck to a little car. The only thing I miss about the truck is I can only carry one bike with the HHR until I get a new rack.

Hay Burner said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Hay Burner said:

I've got to say I was mildly surprised. I traded my 2004 Titan Crew Cab for it so it was a huge change for me. All around the car is a hoot to drive, it's not too bad when you aren't in the boost,but when you put your foot down it will get after it. Getting on the freeway is a blast. I have surprised a few ricers, and they don't like to be beat by my little red lunchbox. I haven't had it out on the track yet, but from the guys that I have talked to have run low 14s stock. My wife calls it my mid-life crisis car ( I bought it on my 41st birthday) My main argument for that is I went from a big truck to a little car. The only thing I miss about the truck is I can only carry one bike with the HHR until I get a new rack.

Yeah that is one thing with a small car, can't haul much. I'm still waiting for Volkswagen to bring back the Rabbit pickup. Especially with the diesel. I miss mine, perfect size to haul bikes and got insane mileage.

outskirtscustoms said:
$795 DOWN??? Around here I'd BUY it for less.

That's just a negotiation point :lol:

Also did anyone else notice the red Astro/Safari on the left ? The mirror is obviously broke off however it looks like another one has been attached higher up :lol: I didn't notice til i gave it a second look.

Also mention the paint on the hood and roof is faded out, scratches on the sliding door, the front center cap for the wheel is missing, and it has those new fangled double wipers that scratch the window if either blade wears out. Also be careful with these things, I had a friend who had a 1991 Astro that went end over end in a ditch with me in it. Very top heavy and they don't handle patchy ice very well.

I saw a delivery version that rolled sideways a few times with a load of brake shoes for a semitruck repair shop. usually all the panels are dented in a rollover. the brakes shoes turned the thing into a blender inside and it looked like a popped bag of popcorn when it was over with. It had a headache rack inside so the driver was fine, id hate to see what it looked like without one though. :shock:

Yeah my buddy's went slightly off the edge of the road and fishtailed and went nose first in the ditch then flipped. Roof was leaning, every window blew out, front end was crushed in, Dash was destroyed, still ran and drove though. He used it for a farm vehicle to haul firewood for a few years after that. I went from sitting in the middle to in the trunk with 3 people on top of me. I got out pretty lucky with 7 stitches, a broken nose, and a bruised shoulder.

outskirtscustoms said:
$795 DOWN??? Around here I'd BUY it for less.

Note Lot!!!! I would say that one is not worth much more than $795.

Hey CCR where are you from?

Back