TRADITIONAL In the “Nick of Time Procrastination Maggot”

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool Triumph.
I like the BSA decals on the bike.
1957 TR6C. It belonged to my buddy in 1963 in high school. He bought it from an airman at the local SAC base when he was shipped out. I went everywhere with him on the back of it. We crashed it on the local twisty narrow death highway. I still have the scars. I broke an old linen helmet as I landed on my head. The motorcycle had a broken rear triangle, bent bars, dented headlight shell and bent dented front fender. I bought it 20 years ago and it still had most of the damage. The front fender was removed, the bar chrome was discolored from the torch heat used to straighten them, the rear triangle had a gob weld and the rest of the dents were still there. I had a Third generation Triumph repair shop rebuild it. It has a Lucas competition magneto and you really have to jump on the kick starter to get it going. The old joke is that Lucas is the god of darkness is pretty true. I take it for long rides and when it needs gas I’m never sure that it will start.

Last edited:
I’m scared to ride the procrastination maggot as it’s so high, has no brakes and is fixed gear. I made it into a wall hanger.
image.jpg

Excellent work!
CONGRATS!

Back