Is this real? Did I really find this? More parts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank You, I will look into the Cabe, i didnt know it existed. Do you think a morrow would at least be period correct? Its one that I have now. I could lace it on and use it for now

Depends, they were date coded. I think there were subtle changes along the way. the 1935 Morrow might have been nickel plated instead of chrome as well, but I can't say for sure.

Depends, they were date coded. I think there were subtle changes along the way. the 1935 Morrow might have been nickel plated instead of chrome as well, but I can't say for sure.
I will look at it better when I get home tomorrow. I thought only sturmey archers were dated

image.jpeg
Congratulations! Great frame. Rare find. Seems like the last thing you'd ever want to do, would be to powdercoat that bike.
You are correct. I found this picture on the cabe. If i can get mine like this, Id be a really happy man

The Morrow hub I have is a J4 meaning fourth quarter 1940. Close enough for me. I will try swapping it over some time when Im done with my wbo bike

well now this gets added to my man what acool find bikes!!! i hae never seen one elgin makes some really sweet bikes a company that was ahead of it's time on design and style

I looked on the cabe, my hube is 4th quarter 1940. Bike is 36-38 from what I can tell. If I get to a point of nothing else to do bike wise I might lace it on. Otherwise I might just wait for an older correct part

IMG_0584.JPG

I just got the correct headbadge and fenders. Going to make a later trade for braces. The chaingurd is not original but it just looks too perfect for it. Also, I have a 1937 Morrow hub set aside for it. No luck with a fork yet. If I get a rear wheel together, I may assemble it with a different fork until the right one comes along

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back