It was Schwinn And Flightliner Day, While On The Hunt Today!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Going thru the northern hills of Okla. today, I ran across an older women at a junk store that had overheard me asking the clerk if they knew anyone that had old bikes sitting around. She stated she had some that were left behind when her husband died (he liked to tinker with old bikes). After a "Deliverance" tasting trip back into the hills and shacks, this is what I left with. Just unloaded them out of the truck.

attachment.php

I do wish the "Racer" was a 26", but it's a 24".

attachment.php

Love the straight bar bikes. I'm guessing this is a late 50's Tornado or Typhoon. UPDATE, this is a 1961.

attachment.php

Check out this Flightliner frame and front end that the old boy had fiddled with. He reversed the springer lugs, so to give it a slightly stretched look. Also this things got giant "Dyno" bars on it that measure a full 32".

attachment.php

Racer is a 26" with the short 16" frame. Count the spokes. Unless you have 24" wheels with 36 spokes, I'd say you have a 26" racer.

The seat on the rusty bike is a Schwinn B1 used on the best balloon tire bikes in the 40's and 50's. Hang on to that one. Gary

B607 said:
Racer is a 26" with the short 16" frame. Count the spokes. Unless you have 24" wheels with 36 spokes, I'd say you have a 26" racer.

The seat on the rusty bike is a Schwinn B1 used on the best balloon tire bikes in the 40's and 50's. Hang on to that one. Gary

Thanks for the input Gary.

Ya The seat on the rusty Schwinn is alot of the reason I wanted the bike. No joy though on the "Racer" the tire's and wheels are 24". Still a cool little bike though. Probably going to let it go if I can figure out a fair price for it. I've never sold a 24" before, not sure what it's worth.

B607 said:
That's a new one on me. A 24" wheel with 36 spokes. Gary

I know, when I found it, it was hanging in a shed with the others. I assumed, because of the spokes, it was a 26". Once out in the light, I could see it wasn't. :(

Latest posts

Back